Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Ho Chi Minh

I sent pokerstars an email as well to hopefully speed ahead on their response on this issue. But one thing I don't get is if they are bots, why would they pick Ho Chi minh as the city to pick as their location? Wouldn't you want a less obvious location that wouldn't attract attention. It seems a little weird to me.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sent pokerstars an email as well to hopefully speed ahead on their response on this issue. But one thing I don't get is if they are bots, why would they pick Ho Chi minh as the city to pick as their location? Wouldn't you want a less obvious location that wouldn't attract attention. It seems a little weird to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because they want their checks mailed to the right place.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because they want their checks mailed to the right place.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you don't have to put your actual location on where it displays you are from. Like for instance when ppl get their chat banned they put "No Chat" on their location so it doesn't have to be listed correctly for you to recieve checks. I've also seen some ppl with other things listed as their locations such as "ship it" or "no more bad beats" so you don't need to list your correct location on there.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:40 PM

Maybe they simply did not think about it or they did not know.
Sometimes the easiest solution is the correct one.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:33 AM

Just recieved the following from Stars Support... looks like we will have to wait a bit longer for an answer.

Hello Mark,

Thank you once again for your email.

Based on a preliminary review of the players you reported, ans whilst I
can
not find any specific incriminating play regarding these players I have
requested a complete review of the players involved. This will include
checking on relationships, location and play.

Depending on our findings, the players may be contacted and asked to
explain relationships and/or play. The entire process generally takes
14 days, but due to the amount of players involved I imagine this may
take
longer as this can be delayed if we don't receive prompt responses.

I have also passed this onto our Bot investigation team, as you
commented
that they appear to be playing 24 hours at a time.

Thank you once again for your vigilance.

Best Regards,
Old 04-16-2007, 07:45 PM

Played with hotmail1974 today. He got a slight chip lead on the bubble L8 then open pushes ever opportunity for a couple of orbits. So he has about 7000 in the SB. The button has 4000 and open raises to 1200, hotmail pushes, button calls, and hotmail shows 83o. Guess as least this guy can push around the bubble and PWN.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:39 PM

I've had 5 different instances where a message comes up in the chat/notes/stats/info asking for me to re-type in the characters to prevent bot play (I get accused of being a bot all the time). I think 4 of the 5 times were towards the end of long sessions (8-9 hours), but I also think one of them was less than an hour into my session.

I would think since they have that technology already in place, they would hit these guys with that message right away. Should be easy enough to see if they're bots that way.

-BK
Old 04-18-2007, 12:44 PM

I think that bot detection stuff should be easy to get around. Any programmer who can write AI to play poker can write a program to detect those pop ups and send them to a human for processing.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:07 PM

This doesn't really come as a surprise to me. Anyone who has played any number of MMORPG's knows that if there's even 1 US penny to be made by sitting behind a computer screen, the asians will assign a task force to milk those penny's one at a time. Also I doubt these are bots, but probably some very lowly paid asians, in some 3rd world asian country, working in shifts under some sort of premade game-plan (or style of play). In the MMORPG's, the asians would farm valuable resources AND/Or money in-game, to be sold for real world currency outside the game. Seems like they might have found greener pastures.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This doesn't really come as a surprise to me. Anyone who has played any number of MMORPG's knows that if there's even 1 US penny to be made by sitting behind a computer screen, the asians will assign a task force to milk those penny's one at a time. Also I doubt these are bots, but probably some very lowly paid asians, in some 3rd world asian country, working in shifts under some sort of premade game-plan (or style of play). In the MMORPG's, the asians would farm valuable resources AND/Or money in-game, to be sold for real world currency outside the game. Seems like they might have found greener pastures.

[/ QUOTE ]

i concur. probably a vietnamese poker player saw how simple an optimal strategy for SnG's are to implement....

sets up a handful of accounts with friends/relatives, hires people to play for a very cheap hourly rate, taking shifts on the same account.

sounds very plausible.