Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: bottom set with deep stacks

does anyone actually fold sets on non flushed non straight boards at 6 max?
Old 03-19-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always see AA here or some else that's botched.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol 100% true.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to be honest, i really wanted to fold and might have if i had a little more time. the time was running out and i wasn't sure so i pushed.

the reason i think you can maybe fold here is that his bet sizes were begging for a call. he checked and then min-raised. i 3 bet the size of the pot and he 4 bets not much more than a min-raise again. he has to also realize that we are deep stacked. i think my 3 bet slows him down with aces. atleast he will want to see what the turn brings. if he has a draw, he is either going to call my 3 bet, or raise enough to get me to fold. i just think both of his raises are begging for calls which would indicate 66. i think if he has 66 even 50% of the time here, it would be a fold considering the stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a pretty results oriented response. You pretty much have to push for 200bbs. Your statement about folding if you think he has 66 50% of the time isn't correct either.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to be honest, i really wanted to fold and might have if i had a little more time. the time was running out and i wasn't sure so i pushed.

the reason i think you can maybe fold here is that his bet sizes were begging for a call. he checked and then min-raised. i 3 bet the size of the pot and he 4 bets not much more than a min-raise again. he has to also realize that we are deep stacked. i think my 3 bet slows him down with aces. atleast he will want to see what the turn brings. if he has a draw, he is either going to call my 3 bet, or raise enough to get me to fold. i just think both of his raises are begging for calls which would indicate 66. i think if he has 66 even 50% of the time here, it would be a fold considering the stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a pretty results oriented response. You pretty much have to push for 200bbs. Your statement about folding if you think he has 66 50% of the time isn't correct either.

[/ QUOTE ]

it might not be correct but i'd be interested to see the numbers. to keep things simple, say he has 66 50% of the time, a big draw 40% and an overpair or air 10%. at this point i'm only in for $210, i have $1,230 left. i'm going to lose 98% of the time when he has 66. out of the 40% where he is drawing, i'm going to lose about 30% of those. so that would equal losing 61% of the time. and when he has an over pair or air 10% of the time, i think he probably folds to a push so i don't pick up any more money.

so basically, i lose my stack 61% of the time, i win his stack 29% of the time, and i win what is in the pot 10% of the time. explain what i'm missing.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:59 PM

for those interested in the actual results......

Full Tilt Poker
$3/$6 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $609
BTN: $678
SB: $1217.85
Hero (BB): $1433.15
UTG: $408.35

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($9, 5 players)
UTG folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB calls $3, <font color="red">Hero raises to $18</font>, SB calls $12

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($36, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $60</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $192</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $426</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $1,421.15</font>, SB calls all in for $776.85
Uncalled bet of $218.30 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($2441.7, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($2441.7, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">Results:</font>
SB had 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Sixes) and won $2,438.70
Hero had 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Fours)
Final Pot: $2438.70 ($3.00 rake)
Old 03-19-2007, 04:12 PM

depends what you know about him... will he reraise with top pair and a flush draw????? If not you're probobly up against pocket tens and will likely lose a bit pot, hard to lay down.