Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Re: the top of the big ten is so underated. those lines are way off.

all the wisconsin bashing doesn't really suprise me. they are typically under-rated. what did they cover this year? every game but one? or was it 2 games?
Old 12-04-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all the wisconsin bashing doesn't really suprise me. they are typically under-rated. what did they cover this year? every game but one? or was it 2 games?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...I made pretty good dough of Wisconsin covering, but they did it against the children of the blind.
The middle and bottom of the big10 were as bad as I can remember them ever being.

If anything, the big10 is still overrated, so much so that people wanted the second place team from the fourth best conference to play for the national title and feel they were 'robbed.'

Wisconsin looked pretty crummy playing their non-conference games. I watched the Western Illinois and San Diego State game; both were hugely unimpressive.

Wisconsin put up good defensive numbers this year, but they didn't face any rush offenses that could scare them. Minny was more pass than ever. Northwestern was just a few weeks removed from a home loss to a 1-AA squad. Purdue is pass first. Penn St has no offense. Iowa failed to establish the run nearly the entire season.
The only decent offense the Badgers faced was Michigan, who put up 27. Expect Arkansas to do much the same.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:14 PM

yuck...I just went through the Wisconsin schedule and box scores game by game....this is ugly. I'm not sure they are a top20 team to tell the truth.

look at their run to pass ratio. They plowed undersized defenses, which are numerous in the big10. Against Penn St, they were stymied. They struggled to run against Illinois. The badgers couldn't run v Michigan.

Arkansas' defense hasn't looked great verse the run. They are a pretty average rush defense. That puts them in about the top third of the Badger schedule.

It's really a question as to whether the Badgers have to throw the ball when they are on offense. I expect they can get points with their typical game plan.

However, I don't see their defense stopping Arkansas. This will harken back to the Bowling Green game where the Badgers struggled to stop the run.