Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2006, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Recommend a car or two

Run away, Run away! If you want 4 wheel drive get a Subaru. Audis would be fantastic but for German electronics....

[ QUOTE ]
I've been a very happy Audi owner since 1984. I cannot say enough good things about them. If all wheel drive is an issue where you live Audi Quattro is the gold standard. Although BMW's are more plentiful (at least around here) I don't think they are in the same class (model for model.)

Chuck

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-11-2006, 12:19 PM

YMMV, but I've never had an electronics-related problem with any of the Audis that I've owned. I can't say this about other brands though.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:41 PM

I was looking at these cars too, but I test drove a new Saab 9-3 with the wheels package. It's sick. It's such a fun car to drive. Check one out, it destroys Audis. I've had it since August and it's phenomenal.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:55 AM

sounds like for your price range and from what your saying the new lexus-IS would be ideal for you.

If your paying cash, the IS250 fully loaded will run you about 35k pre-taxes with a good deal.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:43 PM

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. I drove a Lexus IS the other day and it definitely climbed my list. Both a comfy and fun car to drive. Unless I decide to spend the extra $$$ on a 335i, chances are that's the one I'll end up with.

Anyway, I'll just bother you with one more. A buddy of mine told me I'm a major tool for buying a new car in that price range. If I could live with a few years and 50k miles older, I could get a really exceptional car for that kind of money. I'm pretty clueless about cars and therefore thought it would be best to get something factory fresh but maybe that's just stupid. Any thoughts on what provides better value?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:30 PM

Default Jaguar

Call me a chick, but for some reason I really like Jags. Especially the XJR-
This is a 2003, certified with 40K miles for 30K dollars.
It has 390 HP. Jaguars reliability has improved a lot since Ford took over.

Also, looks like 2002 BMW M5s are around 38K- the M5 was supposed to be fantastic.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. I drove a Lexus IS the other day and it definitely climbed my list. Both a comfy and fun car to drive. Unless I decide to spend the extra $$$ on a 335i, chances are that's the one I'll end up with.

Anyway, I'll just bother you with one more. A buddy of mine told me I'm a major tool for buying a new car in that price range. If I could live with a few years and 50k miles older, I could get a really exceptional car for that kind of money. I'm pretty clueless about cars and therefore thought it would be best to get something factory fresh but maybe that's just stupid. Any thoughts on what provides better value?

[/ QUOTE ]