Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 12:13 AM

Default G35 Review

I've owned just about every brand you mentioned..

Infinitis are def the best value but by no means is it the best car.

The exterior was def unique when it first came out but now they are like a civic you see them everywhere and it's really nothing visually stimulating on the eyes once you get used to it. There are also many differences in the interior of the G35 to other brands such as audi/bmw but they aren't big enough to be noticed in pictures or simply by just test-driving it.

I'm not going to point out all the differences but generally everything about the infiniti's interior feels like a mimic of audi/bmw with a touch of lexus. This obviously since Nissan developed their luxury brand "infiniti" just recently.

One thing I really dislike is their HUD colors, bmws have a solid darker orange color that is very pleaseant to the eyes. Infinitis is more of a bright orange that really give the car the feeling of driving a civic as opposed to a luxury sports coupe. Hard to explain since it's such a subtle detail but anyone that has owned both cars will know what I mean and you really notice it on a long drive.

Brakes and handling are far superior in the european brands as well both during the breaking in of the car and long after. G35's the brakes are not very smooth and the car gives off a rice rocket impression making far too much noise without enough speed to make up for it. Overall this is another you get what you paid for area, the handling/braking is good value for what you pay but by no means awesome.

In conclusion, if you are looking to just have fun and rip around, drift it and generally treat your car like the toy it is get the G35. If you want something that will keep that feeling you get the first 2 months of driving a new car, get something for quality like a 335i. Most importantly a car isn't an asset, don't try to pick something by value or you'll regret it. Get something you really dig, and that the chicks will dig lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

yes im a huge car donk :O

P.S. Bimmers get way more chicks than a infinti...
Old 12-13-2006, 12:22 AM

Default Re: G35 Review

I haven't driven the three cars extensively so I can't refute many of your points. I haven't noticed the problems you mentioned. Just curious, how would you have driven all three unless it involved some job?

Lastly, while the brand BMW may sound better than infiniti I don't really think many people are impressed by a 3 series unless it is the 335i... maybe some dumb strippers might think it is tight though cause it says BMW.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:43 AM

My first car was a lexus and drove an a4 on the side occasionally, bought a G35 in 05, and bought a 6er in 06.

Never said better sounding brand name should be the reason why OP should buy a car but that it's just a given. Also strippers are most likely aware of what kind of car is "balla" as opposed to your average girl.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:47 AM

Default Re: 05-06 Infiniti G35 Coupe

i have one and like it a lot.

btw, pls don't get an automatic.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The exterior was def unique when it first came out but now they are like a civic you see them everywhere and it's really nothing visually stimulating on the eyes once you get used to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I still get people coming up to my G35c and complementing it. After 3 1/2 years. However....there are too many in Los Angeles/So Cal. Damm leasing.....I know waaaayyyyy to many people driving this car that can't really afford it and are looking to get out of their lease after like 1 year. Kinda like Hummers in that respect.

But elsewhere...Vegas esp, there are not so many around. Vegas has a crappy Infiniti dealership(Towbin) owned by that ass clown that owns the King of Cars place too. So not so much incentive for Vegas residents to get a G35 and there are far fewer around town. Every single valet goes ape crappy on the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

There are also many differences in the interior of the G35 to other brands such as audi/bmw but they aren't big enough to be noticed in pictures or simply by just test-driving it.

I'm not going to point out all the differences but generally everything about the infiniti's interior feels like a mimic of audi/bmw with a touch of lexus. This obviously since Nissan developed their luxury brand "infiniti" just recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

People need to be real here. The interior of the G35 is not anything special. The car needed to be a reasonable cost and Infiniti definitely skimped here(and with the paint).
The exterior design and performance sell this car, not the interior. Its bare bones, and while comfortable and ok leather, theres not much else.

[ QUOTE ]

Brakes and handling are far superior in the european brands as well both during the breaking in of the car and long after. G35's the brakes are not very smooth and the car gives off a rice rocket impression making far too much noise without enough speed to make up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree with this. The noise doesn't kick in until 3500 RPM's or so, and really is not that loud unless you have a pop charger or after market exhaust. And even then, it doesn't kick in until about 3500 RPM. Nothing like a crappy ass civic with aftermarket exhaust. In fact, a lot of owners I know purposely avoid the Stillen exhaust, despite higher hp gains than other after market exhausts, because it does make too much noise, and thats not what they bought the car for.

[ QUOTE ]

Overall this is another you get what you paid for area, the handling/braking is good value for what you pay but by no means awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

The handling is way up there. Its not at S2000 level, but definitely handles better than some 300 series BMW's. Have you ever driven a G35 coupe?

[ QUOTE ]

In conclusion, if you are looking to just have fun and rip around, drift it and generally treat your car like the toy it is get the G35. If you want something that will keep that feeling you get the first 2 months of driving a new car, get something for quality like a 335i. Most importantly a car isn't an asset, don't try to pick something by value or you'll regret it.
[ QUOTE ]

More of an added bonus, but I fail to see why it is a problem that the G35c has held its value well.

[ QUOTE ]

Get something you really dig, and that the chicks will dig lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. Bimmers get way more chicks than a infinti...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not more than the G35c. And its not even close.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:03 AM

i have owned a G35 coupe fully loaded for 12000 miles and it definently does not take corners and handle high speeds as well as some of the other cars within 10-15k range of a g35.

I did like the white/black look on it, too bad sold it before putting some black rims on it.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:11 AM

I have the g35 with AWD, I'm not sure how it compares in handling to the coupe, but it is the best handling car I have driven.

I mean it has vehicle stability control and AWD, it's like practically impossible to spin out. As for the Acura TL which I drove... that thing spun out going like 25 mph in a parking lot.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have owned a G35 coupe fully loaded for 12000 miles and it definently does not take corners and handle high speeds as well as some of the other cars within 10-15k range of a g35.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well of course not. WRX and Evo's are faster. So is S2000, so is Cobra. S2000 handle better. Those are cars of comparable cost.

More expensive cars....M3 is way faster and better overall car....like you said though, $15K more. $15K is a lot. Appx 37% more expensive. Not necessarily comparing apples and oranges, but definitely comparing apples to better apples.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:36 AM

Default Re: 05-06 Infiniti G35 Coupe

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, i have this car. bought it about a year ago. love it. very classy inside and out, although not as fast as i had hoped (feels pretty heavy). probably does 0-60 in about 5. clutch is very sensitive

[/ QUOTE ]

its much closer to 6 than 5. id say 5.7 is a fair a'vg. im nitpicking, but 5.0 is really fast and 5.7 is quick. there arent many cars that will do 5.0 or less. and out of those, even fewer would most people want to be seen in until you hit the $70k mark. the 335i might be the only exception.

(please dont tell me that a corvette does it in 4.8, refer to my disclamier)
Old 12-13-2006, 11:46 AM

Do any of you have any knowledge of the Mercedes CLK500? I have also really taken a liking to this car, but have never driven Mercedes before. Anything to look for?