Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Personality and overall attractiveness

IMO, the 0-10 scale is only physical attractiveness and has nothing to do with whether or not I would date a person. There were incredibly hot women who had personalities I couldn't stand. Didn't mean that they were no longer a 9. But it did mean that I wouldn't even try to talk to her because I hated her.

OTOH, there are girls I know who OOT would probably rate a 6 or below, but I couldn't stop thinking about because they were such fun to be around. Their personality didn't make them a 9. But it did make me want to date them.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know Evan's use of the word "personality" in describing the video chick is pretty interesting. Obviously he knows zero about her, and is making some (possibly very accurate) assumptions about her based on the vid clip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also could be very inaccurate assumptions about her. I could understand really liking a girl's personality because of her writings, but not because of something so obviously scripted as the video.

And you can't even say she "doesn't take herself seriously" because she (assuming you're talking about the one in the beginning) is the only one with a 'serious' role in the video.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:28 PM

wait, did you draw a conclusion
[ QUOTE ]
I've heard countless times from girls "I don't think xyz is hot because he/she is an a-hole." I've always thought that was pretty stupid. Either you can't rationally separate physical appearance from personality or you are just too scared to honestly answer the question...

[/ QUOTE ]

and then go on to argue the exact opposite?!?
[ QUOTE ]
However, most guys will take personality into account on the other end.

[/ QUOTE ]
fantastic
Old 05-10-2007, 01:28 PM

I am a firm believer that personality can raise/lower a girls attractiveness considerably. I have met many a chick that I thought was hot, got to know, then was totally uninterested in. Obviously it works the other way as well, though maybe not to the same degree.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys know the first main dude they show singing is pseudo-famous right? Pretty sure he does "I Love the 80's" type commentary about video games on Lifeskool (formerly MagRack) on Free on Demand on Optimum Cable.

As for the girl, this number [censored] is too confusing. I'd do her rotten, and I don't know how much that changed from beginning to end.

Also I think the video is phenomenal except for when they stop the music at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow amazing you think I could get his autograph?

Chick is smoking and I want to murder everyone else in the video.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how her acting the part of someone lipsynching with almost no emotion makes her seem "cool," "fun" and "awesome" to you. I would have just given her a 7.5 or 8 from the start and been done with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear lord you're a psychologist? You don't see how a girl's personality can shine through in her physical actions / behavior, and make her more attractive than if you just saw a pic?

Please see my posts above obviously Evan's projecting things and making assumptions about vid girl, but we do this all the time in real life anyway when we first meet someone and are attracted to them.

-Al
Old 05-10-2007, 02:04 PM

she is definitely very cute but super annoying at the end. agree i probably like her more because she is singing a song i really like.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:07 PM

Her voice sucks
Old 05-10-2007, 08:01 PM

If a chick ever says she doesn't like a guy because he's an [censored], she's lying. Haven't you ever heard of ladder theory?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:12 PM

Personality can be quite a big part of attractiveness for me. I can prefer one chick over another due to her personality and the way she acts even though I would say the other one was better looking or had a better body.