Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: 0.50-1.00....QQ

Pf, questionable, but can hardly be called wrong. As played I call down. 3-betting is spew I think, since he is putting us on a very good hand and yet raises.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
from a purely strategic standpoint, i like limp-reraising in online games more now than i once did(esp. 6max). it protects your EP limps from being isolated and helps build a pot when you have an edge

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this idea, James, but I think that this should be avoided at 6-max. Stox discusses this on pg.80.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks Ricks. i'm glad you brought it up because i need to clarify. i should have proofread my post; i sort of screwed up my point.

my reference to LRR protecting your open limps was concerning fullring games.

my reference to 6max is very situation specific and i meant to mention it as such because it really doesn't come up very often. truthfully i meant to delete that portion of the post and forgot.

the premise basically is this. in 6max i will seomtimes use the LRR on the button(and at times the CO). if the blinds are very loose and the value of winning the pot outright with a raise is greatly diminshed(far less than the 30% min. fold rate we need) AND one or both will attack pf weakness(i.e.there is an open-limper) i might LRR from steal positions. basically my reference to the 6max games should be ignored. thanks again.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:42 PM

I'd just call down here to the river. You don't want him to cap it on the turn cause it can get expensive.

#2 the LRR is just to much of an advance play for those tables, keep it simple. Just raise.
later
Old 09-16-2007, 06:42 PM

Alrighty then. Firstable I really thought you all were going to say 3betting was right. So you all are really sure calling down is the best play?

Ow and forgot to tell that....the preflop call was a misclick [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], I allways raise with those hands
Old 09-17-2007, 04:29 PM

Frankly, I don't see why folding isn't an option. You have 5.25 BB in the pot, and would have to put in 2 more BB to see the river. Not a big pot. He is a TAG player too. You have top pair, QQ, but what's to say he doesn't have a set he slow-played, or just made his flush? You bet out and he raised, after you have three-bet it pre-flop and bet out on the turn. Now he raises you, and you have no re-draws as you don't have the queen of diamonds. His raise on the turn is problematic and spells trouble. If he were a maniac, or if you hadn't played with him before or been seeing what he calls down with, you can call it down as he has A9, or A4 perhaps, but I just don't like that raise on the turn into you.