Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 09:08 PM

Default LO8: Nut low draw and overpair in 3 way raised pot

PokerStars 3/6 Omaha/8 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

No reads on villains.
Is this a fold preflop?
I felt like checkraising the turn after V2 folded but chickened out as I'm trying to get a feel for the game. How's my line?

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (6.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.66 BB
Old 03-10-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: LO8: Nut low draw and overpair in 3 way raised pot

I think you have odds to call preflop, even though there is a risk of it getting capped PF. If villains were known to be aggro, you might even be a PF equity favorite. However, you are unlikely to flop a hand that is really bettable.

I think you are the only one who could reasonably have an 8 in your hand, given the PF action. I bet out this flop, since I expect to call one bet on the flop. I dont see how AA can raise you, and you are ahead of A23x, unless x=8.

After the turn is checked around, you have to bet this turn card. You might scoop with a club or 4 on the river, and you may be crushing an A24x hand, even if you are not ahead on the flop. I think UTG has Aces up and a poor low draw on the flop.

Effen
Old 03-11-2007, 12:28 AM

Is that after the flop gets checked around?? I should bet my nut low/TT on the turn??
Old 03-11-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a fold preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]Doofus - I would not fold pre-flop, but I would bet this flop. It's unlikely anyone has an eight and it's hard for any of your opponents to call a flop bet without an eight, A3XY, or A4XY.

The way you played it, you gave up on trying to scoop or 3/4 the pot. You need to be more aggressive immediately after the flop.

Buzz