Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 01:54 AM

Default A disgusting fold (Stud 8 tourney)

Yes, folded the straight in a hi-lo tourney. It was pretty pathetic. Downright nasty. About 30 left; top 16 pay. I had a hunch I was stuck with the second-best hand both ways, certainly the high was no good but I had the lo and dumped it. My thought was the ace would re-raise again and I'd get stuck, but of course I should have assumed a pair of aces and not a made low. My buddy was yelling as he watched me and was disgusted. I am too. Very frustrating as I felt I played the rest of the tourney great; busted out 18th when rolled-up 3's filled up, only to get cracked by 8s full. My apologies; this hand will not show up in my book as a way of proper play. It makes me want to wear a grocery bag in my picture. (Well no, but it's the one bad hand from an otherwise good tournament). I really don't know what the heck I was thinking here! One bet on sixth street with that pot? The end result was the player with queens had made quads; the other guy had trip aces. The low was plenty good.

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level IX (300/600), Ante 60, Bring-In 90 (converter)

Seat 2: 2,177
Seat 3: 12,101
Seat 4: 4,293
Seat 5: 5,520
Hero: 7,813
Seat 8: 9,542

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.20 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (4.10 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls

6th Street - (13.10 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

River - (15.10 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises 33 to 1233 and is all-in

Total pot: (19.21 BB)
Old 09-14-2006, 02:11 AM

Default Re: A disgusting fold (Stud 8 tourney)

Wow you should be capping fifth for value and going from there.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:15 AM

So you have the high nuts on 5th street and never raise and then fold on the 6th street?

lol donkaments.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:04 AM

I don't understand why you're not raising 5th street.

And how can you be confident enough that Seat 4 has a flush to justify folding for one bet? Hearts are not even very live.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:02 AM

I don't understand the fold. It is likely either or both of your high and low will be good. Straight and 7 low. There are 3 paint cards showing.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:34 PM

Gross

Tournament players dont have half a brain

Never fold here...ever
Old 09-14-2006, 02:00 PM

>>Gross

Never fold here...ever

I agree that it was a bad fold, probably the worst that I've ever made. I play both tourneys and ring games, and am a solid player. I don't know what I was thinking here; I don't even really know why I posted the hand other than for comic relief.
Paul
Old 09-14-2006, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't even really know why I posted the hand other than for comic relief.
Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you posted it as a form of penance.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
>>Gross

Never fold here...ever

I agree that it was a bad fold, probably the worst that I've ever made. I play both tourneys and ring games, and am a solid player. I don't know what I was thinking here; I don't even really know why I posted the hand other than for comic relief.
Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

I THINK he was saying that most other tourney players are donks, which is why you should cal....and not that you are one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2006, 05:20 PM

>> I think you posted it as a form of penance.

Perhaps. In the early days of the Church, as penance developed, it was never one confessing sins to a priest. It was actually public. One had to wear sackcloth and do public penance. Maybe this is the two plus two equivalent [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]).

I plan to redeem myself tonight in the $10 Stars stud 8 tourney. No more posts like this, rest assured.
Paul