Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 02:41 PM

Default NL50 - TP on turn top two on river

<25 hands on villian, but seems loose.

Preflop the limpers were bad and I though I could at least get HU.

On the flop my cb is standard, but a little smaller then I would normally make (no good reason just not paying enough attention).

On the turn I hit one of my overs. I think I clearly missed a value bet here and let him draw cheap. I wasn't sure I wanted to play a big pot here with TPGK. How bad was that?

On the river I hit my kicker and he bets into me. I believe I am good here almost everytime. (I expect a busted draw or something like A9 most of the time). If he has a set he played it weird and I'm ahead otherwise. The problem is I don't see him calling any decent bet with much of his range here. How much value can I get here?

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Absolute Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($107.75)
SB ($121.30)
BB ($54)
UTG ($99.65)
MP ($73.20)
CO ($89.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB calls $2.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP folds.

Flop: ($7.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, SB calls $4.50.

Turn: ($16.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($16.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $9.5</font>
Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: NL50 - TP on turn top two on river

Very easy turn bet. River, I'd raise to 24ish.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: NL50 - TP on turn top two on river

You need to bet bigger on the flop. You said that in the OP though, so you're aware of it. (6 is standard, unless you bet 4.50 here with 55, but why would you?)

On the turn, this is such a good double barrel card and we can charge the many draws on this board by betting like $11-12. If he raises you, you fold, but you need to get value for all those times that he check/calls.

At the river, we pretty much hit gin except against JTcc. He can have KcJc or something as well, and I think we need to put in a raise to like 27 and fold to a shove.