Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Dealing with a Tilt-y Table Image

You've gotten drawn out horribly in a super bad beat, and since then you've been seen to take a bet/fold line on a couple of hands, including once on the river. You can tell that some of the more observant players at the table think you are on tilt, but you're not.

When playing limit, I have a pretty good sense of what sorts of hands my opponents are putting me on and how to adjust. When playing no limit, I'm a bit more unsure because I just can't quite figure how players are adjusting to me. It's also too expensive to call for information like I can in limit.

Assuming that going to another table is not an option, does anyone have any advice for adjusting to the situation when a table that includes some observant players capable of "making moves" thinks that you are on tilt when you actually are not? Do I convert more of my hands into bluff-catchers rather than value-betting hands? Do I hunker down into a defensive shell until my image changes? Do I just play more straightforward for a while and give up on bluffs and semibluffs (since they won't work as often), including continuation bets?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Dealing with a Tilt-y Table Image

if people think u are bluffing alot, then raise your ratio of vbing to bluffing. pretty basic