Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 04:49 AM

Default Re: How Kenny Tran Rates Internet Players

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?t...nnel=901590594

kenny looked like a retard here. Its only cool to guess other ppl's cards when u get it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is an awesome hand i love when im at a live table and play a combo draw like this and all the live donks give me so much credit

[/ QUOTE ]
you love getting people to fold when you are a favourite? Id rather have gabe reraise than fold if i had 56s there
Old 11-19-2007, 04:54 AM

I think the real question is, would you guys stake me in a game against 8 Kenny Trans?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If there are specific players who you are curious as to where he ranks them, you can ask me and I'll ask him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Brian Townsend LDO
Ask him if he knows who Tom Dwan is.

[/ QUOTE ]

He specifically said Brian was not in the top 20. I think he also said durr but I can't remember for sure.

He also didn't necessarily mean that it was only that one non folding type error that caused him to have that opinion.

If someone wants to move this thread to another forum, fine. I am out of it except that you guys might want to create a list of players, PM me with the list, and I will ask Kenny if he included them when forming his opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting... Aba not in the top 20. I remember Aba used to grind in the Mirage, so he has to have a good feel for the live game. Anyone want to comment on this? Kenny vs Aba heads up? Didn't Aba turned it down??
Old 11-19-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If that is how you define poker then jessica alba would be world class. We don't care if Kenny is really funny or good looking or whatever, we are trying to figure out how good he is at poker. He might be really good at getting weak players to keep playing, i dont think that alone would make him a great poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be unable to resist soft-playing Jessica Alba. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. I'm not saying she stands a chance of being world class, but I do think that there are skills and talents that make a person better at poker than pure technical ability. Inducing errors out of other people can come from psychological tricks or from just being hot. Or from being incredibly irritating. This is all farily standard knowledge and generally accepted.

All that said, online players > live players.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:28 AM

Pudge,

"David,
Have you told Kenny Tran that Raptor/durrr/etc will play him? By not accepting the challenge isn't he more or less disproving his whole argument."

Him not wanting to play the game raptor described or various other forms of challenges vs. online players would not disprove his argument.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The frame of reference for poker is online poker.

Online poker is real poker, live poker is highly inefficient in many aspects and the players are generally much much weaker.

When people ask, he's good but could he play well live?

The answer to this is who gives a ...

The real question is could the live player make it online, and the answer 99% of the time is no because the online player learns the game 1000% faster.

BLdSWtTRs ftw

[/ QUOTE ]
Well that solves that.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Many of the Internet guys have no idea how much they give up playing live.

I assume Aba knows by now why he got smoked live after the live guys got some hands in against him...

[/ QUOTE ]

results of the trip?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aba +300k. They showed him!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

QFT

the only thing that seems to be preventing us internet kids from crushing the biggest live games is that we can't get invited to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

last ive read, even the so called open 100/200 game at the venetian is hand picked by gabe thaler and he refuses to run it if some online player comes

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to forget why the USPC was canceled on espn? The final table was as exciting as watching paint dry on a wall, even with the limited hands they showed. Poker is meant to be a social game, which most online players really lack by multi tabling all day and all night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apples and oranges. In a tournament, you're not trying to be social and keep the fish entertained so they'll stick around even if they're losing. You're trying to take all their chips.

Also, raptor is crushing this thread.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:57 AM

I think Kenny makes a point if he specifically notes "poker" being "9 handed live poker"

given the state of poker right now it would be counter-intuitive for a very strong high stakes player to focus solely on full ring live play to prove kenny wrong.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:35 AM

Let Me state the simple facts:
Keny is one of the loosest calling stations around (as we saw on ESPN)
Briand townsend destroyed farha playing omaha this summer (farha was considered best PLO player up untill then)

OMGclay has huge tells as we saw on HSP, raising pf w/ QQ then folding them.

Online poker has dried up last few months (high stakes) so either:

online players are playing live or they have all gone broke to live players such as:

David BEnyamine
Patrick ANtonius
Phil Hellmuth
Phil Ivey
Kenny Tran*

* Hes only started playing recently.

Lastly, how many rings does durrr have compared to hellmuth or Brunson?