Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: $60k-$80k
0-20% 2 11.11%
20-40% 7 38.89%
40-60% 8 44.44%
60-80% 0 0%
80-100% 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/21) (spoilers to come) *DELETED*

The Jman critics are hilarious. No surprise that stephennuts is the one behind most of the moronic posts, and some live poker donk n00b is his sidekick. Please tell me more about how Jman is out of his league with guys like PHIL HELLMUTH and SAMMY FARHA at the table.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:21 AM

lololol @ JDesab talking strategy.
you shot yourself in the foot there.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:14 AM

If people haven't figured it out already, StephenNUTS is Jman's Stan

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9627237

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9807560

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9621697

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9583307
Old 10-24-2007, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If people haven't figured it out already, StephenNUTS is Jman's Stan

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9627237

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9807560

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9621697

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9583307

[/ QUOTE ]

Another jackazz punk follower that has the time to save posts about jman,that I actually forgot about....but were quite embarrassing to him in retrospect BTW,regarding his avatar/tourney/coaching challenge...lol

Why dont you stay on the subject of his pansie azz play on HSP,I mean he looked like a deer in the headlights for Christs sake?

Or maybe it was his "GALFOND" bucks strategy that didnt work on TV....lol?

What a joke

Later [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

EDIT: there is a whole thread in NVG about Phil,where obviously I am not the only one who agrees about his passive non-balla play on HSP
Old 10-24-2007, 07:06 AM

phil gandalf = boring, he's always got that look like he's at a funeral. try the hellmuth swan pose w/ the smirk sometimes.

if only producers didn't lead him to think that he got a spot on the 500k table. they should of made him earn a spot but i don't think it would of made too much of a difference. saw him on cash poker and he was boring there too. just not too much you can do at full ring games no matter aggro laggy you are. also his personality is not one for t.v., huck seed's got more personality than this guy. awesome poker player but damn, why the long face on national t.v. man, the honeys are watching. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2007, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

His fold of qq was easy,

[/ QUOTE ]

jman says in his post that he wishes there was a game where he and the other internet pros can use their reading and poker acumen to play. so if these internet guys are such good readers and thinkers... why run away from this hand. i would think that the correct play in that situation would be to raise sammy... but i'm not the internet god that you all worship so i'll stay at my live table.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would actually be by far the worst play, so its probably in your best interest to stay at your live table honestly

[/ QUOTE ]

explain. the k hits... you should know that sammy is capable of betting with air. you have a big hand.. is it not worth raising sammy to see where you're at. now ... i have also read JMAN'S hsp post.. and he says there "i brought 700k... 500 for day 3 and 200 for two buy ins on day 2".... would QQ against sammy not be a bad spot to put him to the test to find out if he actually has the K he's representing? you did bring a second bullet right. i fail to see how the weak play that this internet balla is the right move.

you know that you're not playing level 1 poker players sitting at that table.. you can imagine that they're going to test the new, young guy. a shove here would have won, we know that because we got to see the hole cards..but if he did shove and had lost... do you think sammy would be playing at him on future flops the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

what stakes do you play at online? i'm testing my theory that nobody who has ever been a long-term winner at 200NL or beyond could ever on their life write an "analysis" of a hand this mindnumbingly stupid and worthless. micro stakes, amirite?
Old 10-24-2007, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
- HAHAHAHAHA. Any of you Farha defenders willing to explain to me how calling that turn raise with the 99 was a play so advanced I can't understand it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think his call was that atrocious, Gold makes a lot of completely random bluffs and pretty much whenever he took a line that looked like a bluff, that's what he had. Gold bluffs too much and doesn't valuebet enough, so I can certainly see calling being ok. Still probably a fold because he will bet the river a lot and it's tough for us to call, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as you're making it out to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you say he'll fire again on the river a lot... but the central problem imo is that most of the hands jamie would have called pf with, he has an absolute ton of outs even if he is drawing. I'd expect to see stuff like KJ sometimes, which is running a smooth 12 outs against you. The idea that Jamie called preflop with some random hand, passed up his first opportunity to bluff on the flop, then decided to bluffraise the turn vs the loosest guy on the table seems a bit unlikely. I agree Gold is capable of it, but mostly that won't be what's going on.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Jman critics are hilarious. No surprise that stephennuts is the one behind most of the moronic posts, and some live poker donk n00b is his sidekick. Please tell me more about how Jman is out of his league with guys like PHIL HELLMUTH and SAMMY FARHA at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude you don't understand, Farha is a poker genius, you're just too much of an unimaginative nitty beginner to understand his play. Talk to JDesab, he'll set you straight.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I`m NOT folding, put the money in the pot! ... I`m gonna lay it down"

didnt know "folding" and "laying it down" were two different things... ty, Jamie!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought verbal was binding. Was it just that Hellmuth didn't call him on it and everyone else was shutting up because they weren't in the hand? I thought if Phil wanted to he could make Jamie call or raise based on him saying "I'm not folding".
Old 10-24-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I`m NOT folding, put the money in the pot! ... I`m gonna lay it down"

didnt know "folding" and "laying it down" were two different things... ty, Jamie!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought verbal was binding. Was it just that Hellmuth didn't call him on it and everyone else was shutting up because they weren't in the hand? I thought if Phil wanted to he could make Jamie call or raise based on him saying "I'm not folding".

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really not sure what the ruling would be, since he didn't actually verbally declare a specific action. Since he had 3 options, "I'm not folding" doesn't count as declaring an action.

It's possible that Phil could have called him on it, but it would have been somewhat ungentlemanly, since Gold's intent was clearly to say "I actually have something to think about, it's not an instafold that I'm gonna milk for TV time."