Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Weird/funny coincidences in your life

Another European backpacking one to add to the list.

I was working in a London pub, and went to Brighton for my monthly 2 consecutive days off. At the Hostel I met a couple of Venezuelan guys, a Polish Girl and 2 Aussie girls who'd met each other that day. The 6 of us ended up getting a few drinks in town and later cans of stella on the beach. Didn't see any of them the next day before I headed back to London.

Then 4 months later, I've quit my job and I'm backpacking out east. I jump in the shuttle bus from Auschwitz back to Krakow, and hear a couple of Aussie girls talking. Sure enough its the two who had met the night I met them in Brighton. Turns out they'd met up again in Scotland and had been living/traveling together since. I didn't think of it at the time, but I suspect they may have been a couple.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:43 PM

I get engaged to a girl from a small town in Kyushu Japan. Meanwhile I get entry into the Ironman triathalon on the big Island of Hawaii (was living on Oahu at the time).

So I'm doing my best to survive the marathon portion of the course. It's pitch black. I hear footsteps and some guy comes up and prods me to start running with him.

We get going and I notice a Japanese accent, ask him in Japanese where he is from..Kyushu..oh really. Find out he lives about 3 miles from where my wife grew up. He knows her father because he ran a few small grocery stores, goes back after the event and puts the good word in for me which made it far easier to get his blessing on the wedding...

Considering there were only about 20 entrants from Japan in the entire race, and all the other variables I'm always amazed at this one...
Old 08-03-2007, 03:20 PM

The only one I can think of involves my broter. In high school he wrote down his name and phone number on a $1 bill for a friend of his. A couple of years later when he was in college (6+ hour drive away in a different state) someone came up to him and asked if xxx-xxxx was his home phone number. They had that $1 bill and showed it to him.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:30 PM

Not the best story, but me and my wife's 4-digit PIN numbers that we have always used for our debit cards, passwords, etc are the same four digits, only reversed. We both picked them out before we even knew each other.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:42 PM

My wife's parent's bought their house in 1985 from the "Olsen's" who then of course moved into a new house. Life for the Olsen's was not going well because they were in the process of getting divorced by 1989. When it came time for the Olsen's to sell the house they moved into in 1985, they sold it to my parents.

I met my to be wife on 2002 and approx 1 year later this subject came up.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:57 PM

So your parents lived in 2 different former Olsen houses? Is there some significance to the subject coming up 1 year after meeting your wife? I'm confused.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:10 PM

That was really poorly written. I think it meant that his wife's parents bought a house from a couple. That couple then moved to a different house, divorced and sold the house to his parents. So both of their parents lived in houses owned consecutively by the same couple.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:12 PM

deleted by me.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:48 PM

Noah, this is a pretty sweet story. However, is there really no way you've ever seen a picture of Janelle and her sister? Not that you were consciously doing it, but the brain can be pretty remarkable when it comes to associations like this.

-McGee
Old 08-03-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not the best story, but me and my wife's 4-digit PIN numbers that we have always used for our debit cards, passwords, etc are the same four digits, only reversed. We both picked them out before we even knew each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think this one is pretty neat.

-McGee