Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Whats your river line? 60-120 live

People in live games love calling so they can win. People in forums love folding so they can prove they don't lose.

Justin A's post is on spot, IMO. Raising is good. You can take a free-card whenever you like, and you isolate against the fish. If you have solid reads on him, you can get him to fold before the river (like when an ace flop and he doesn't have one).

I'm assuming call if four-bet, right?
Old 12-06-2006, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise again. the turn act like he wants to raise is just that: an act. he wants to scare you because he's thinking of showing down his A3 unimproved...

but oops oh wait it improved and he made his straight!
raise again.

oh wow btw all the people saying fold preflop are brain dead. 5 handed against live fishies that gets raised every time. not close. people saying fold either suck at live hold em, play in tough games, or most likely only play online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent post.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-06-2006, 09:31 PM

Was this hand really played live or do opponents have magical ptracker stats floating above their heads?
Old 12-06-2006, 09:35 PM

No no Mikey, people who say fold preflop realize that 86s has little showdown value and aggressive/decent big blinds don't let you isolate fishy limpers in short games. Of course the flop gave him the nuts so it's gotta be right right?
Old 12-06-2006, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was this hand really played live or do opponents have magical ptracker stats floating above their heads?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I wondered that too. My guess is he was just guestimating what the guy would be online.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No no Mikey, people who say fold preflop realize that 86s has little showdown value and aggressive/decent big blinds don't let you isolate fishy limpers in short games. Of course the flop gave him the nuts so it's gotta be right right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Showdown value isn't as important when you're in position. You get to maximize value when you have the best hand and minimize when you don't. Turning profits in hold'em isn't always about getting to showdown.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:23 PM

"aggressive/decent big blinds"

if this game was where the only 60 live game i know about is than the above asssumption is false, way false. and that's where youre wrong. you assumed the game is one way when it's really another.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:27 PM

"Yeah I wondered that too."

i assumed it was a live hand from the moment i read the word "live" in the subject. this is not a very interesting hand but im just loving how right i am about it. i dont think the guy has a 5 because a 5 would c/r the turn almost alway. it's A3 im almost sure, with a rivered 22 fh being the second possibility.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Yeah I wondered that too."

i assumed it was a live hand from the moment i read the word "live" in the subject. this is not a very interesting hand but im just loving how right i am about it. i dont think the guy has a 5 because a 5 would c/r the turn almost alway. it's A3 im almost sure, with a rivered 22 fh being the second possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so right its sick

The hand isnt that interesting but I wanted to make sure I played it bad. Ive had a few hands similar to this one.

My gut told me to 3 bet the river, but I just called. He gave me a speech about being double gutted on the flop(I didnt realize this during the hand) as he turned over A3.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise again. the turn act like he wants to raise is just that: an act. he wants to scare you because he's thinking of showing down his A3 unimproved...

but oops oh wait it improved and he made his straight!
raise again.

oh wow btw all the people saying fold preflop are brain dead. 5 handed against live fishies that gets raised every time. not close. people saying fold either suck at live hold em, play in tough games, or most likely only play online.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not just limp, mike, w/ hands that play well multiway?