Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2007, 04:59 AM

Default Re: 50NL: Isolating Limpers

I play 50NL regularly so I'll have a stab at answering.

There aren't any cookie cutter answers to any of your questions. You should be adjusting your play to the table dynamic, not berating the other players for catching cards or not playing the way you want them to play.

In the example you give, KJs plays ok multiway so you don't HAVE to raise it, and you can just treat it like a 50c throwaway if you don't hit. Ditto with small to medium pairs, these can be played either way and I vary my play based on what I think is best for that hand.

For hands that don't play well multiway or where you want the initiative, if you're getting too many callers then increase the size of your bets until the field starts to thin out.

On the right table, I'm happy to raise 5 bucks or more into 3 limpers and still be pretty confident of getting a call, often there is one fish who will pay more than the rest with his K7o or whatever, hopefully you have position on him and can play lots of HU pots out of his comfort zone.

In answer to your last question, if you were really good at pastflop play, you wouldn't be playing 50NL! It sounds like you had a bad session, 3k hands is a tiny sample so you could easily have just been unlucky. From the sound of your post, maybe you are taking an overly mechanical approach to the game?

Good luck.