Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Shortstacked live hand

Juicy live home game with a bad structure. Table is incredibly loose/passive, and I think winrates of 100ish BB/100 are sustainable here. Structure is 20$ buyin, .25/.50 blinds, so everyone is shortstacked.
Because the play structure is so shortstacked, underbetting is the standard at this table.

I haven't played with this group in about 6 months so my reads are rusty. I'll do my best.

7 handed:
UTG limps(passive/loose), UTG+1(tight/aggressive but bad) raises to $1.5, 1 fold, CO calls, I call on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds.
As the flop comes out (We had someone dealing that didn't want to play) the burn-card is accidentally revealed to one player, so it's flipped up to the table and is 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop (6.5$)
J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB leads for .75$ (yes, I know), UTG+1 calls, CO calls, I consider raising and then realize that I'm never folding out a Jack and just call.
BB is very loose and bets a lot, but always too small. Likes to bluff but bad at it. UTG+1 is fairly tight for the bunch, but not that positionally aware and is pretty terrible postflop. CO is straightforward and tight/passive.

Turn is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Pot is ~9$. Turn checks around to you on the button. I lead for 5$, BB folds, original raiser check/minraises to 11.5$. He has $4.5 behind. Our read is that he is mostly tight-aggressive and bad. I think his range does include some weaker aces but not many, and I think AJ is a possible holding for him but he might raise flop since it's such a small bet. He might not though.

All-in, fold, call?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Shortstacked live hand

Fold and go buy a happy meal
Old 06-07-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold and go buy a happy meal

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're folding TPGK+NFD here, to a minraise getting 5:1?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:44 PM

Pot odds ftw. Even if it is just for the flush chance, we HAVE to call. Also, i think our ace is good here a small percentage of the time. I think it's an easy push. EZ push. If he has AK or AQ, we still have 11 outs (8 clubs and 3 T's). I can't imagine laying this down.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:11 PM

i would call this. looks like you are getting the right odds for a call.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot odds ftw. Even if it is just for the flush chance, we HAVE to call. Also, i think our ace is good here a small percentage of the time. I think it's an easy push. EZ push. If he has AK or AQ, we still have 11 outs (8 clubs and 3 T's). I can't imagine laying this down.

[/ QUOTE ]
What are the merits of pushing vs. calling? As I played it, I decided to call, but is calling<shoving? Shove reraising felt weird when I felt I was behind his range but calling commits me anyways...
I'm not sure if ama is leveling as he often seems to in my threads but I never really even considered folding, I don't know why I posted it, guess it was a gag option.