Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks awesome Roy. Can't wait to use it.

Not sure if this is a "duh" question, but will it be possible to import postgresql databases from Pokertracker if we haven't saved the original hhf's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, unfortunately not... I guess an analogy would be, imgine you have a 10 megapixel image (ie the original hand history) and then you convert it to grey scale, drop it down to 800x600 and save it as a gif. No matter what you do you can't bring it back to that 10 megapixel image.

If I imported from the PT database structure without hand histories there would be way too much data missing which would make most of the stats misleading and in most cases outright wrong...

So, save your hand histories!!!

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

RVG,

What about if we export the hand histories from PT into txt files? Will HM be able to read the txt files? I am not sure I would want to lose all the millions of hands I have in my mined DB's.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks awesome Roy. Can't wait to use it.

Not sure if this is a "duh" question, but will it be possible to import postgresql databases from Pokertracker if we haven't saved the original hhf's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, unfortunately not... I guess an analogy would be, imgine you have a 10 megapixel image (ie the original hand history) and then you convert it to grey scale, drop it down to 800x600 and save it as a gif. No matter what you do you can't bring it back to that 10 megapixel image.

If I imported from the PT database structure without hand histories there would be way too much data missing which would make most of the stats misleading and in most cases outright wrong...

So, save your hand histories!!!

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

RVG,

What about if we export the hand histories from PT into txt files? Will HM be able to read the txt files? I am not sure I would want to lose all the millions of hands I have in my mined DB's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an idiot! Found the answer to my own question. Not looking forward to exporting all the hands from PT though! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 11:04 AM

3 bets on HUD will be great. Please increase price by 10X and make 15th come faster.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not looking forward to exporting all the hands from PT though! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to add a PT auto import in the software by the time it goes to beta launch but it still requires that you stored the hand histories in PT.

Thanks,

rvg
Old 07-04-2007, 11:32 AM

How 'bout PO?
Old 07-04-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How 'bout PO?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not before July 15th but you could always export your Poker Office hand histories (I think you can anyways) and then HM will import them no problem.

rvg
Old 07-04-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thi software looks great. I have a question and a couple suggestions. First, how is the performance compared to PT?

Now, for the suggestions. I think having the ability to add rakeback/bonuses/B&M sessions would be nice. It wouldn't have to be anything too fancy. Like, even a separate tab which was just a blank spreadsheet would be nice. Right now, I use PT to keep track of my online play and a spreadsheet to keep track of everything else, but I think it'd be really nice to be able to keep all of my poker income in one place, ie. like your software.

I would also like the ability to filter imported hands. I don't know, I've always wanted this ability so that I can remove hands with too few players when importing datamined hands. It's not necessary though, but it would be convenient.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if my question/suggestion got looked over, but I'll repeat it just in case.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:28 PM

Dazareth,

Here are the answers to your questions - I already responded earlier but they were lumped in with a bunch of other sutff so you must have missed it:

1) Performance can't even be compared between the two. It is written in C# 2.0, everything is multi threaded, I have ripped apart and redesigned the entire database many times to ensure performance is good with insanely large DB's etc.

2) You'll see an Income tab that is exactly that. It combines cash results with Tourney Winnings, Rakeback, Bonuses, manual entry of live games etc

3) Don't worry about filtering the import based on # players - just import everything and then filter later if you need to. You don't have to worry about huge DB's any more. Also, if the game suddenly goes to 3 handed you'll be happy that the HUD starts weighing the sample of hands with 3 players higher giving you more accurate data to work with.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:00 PM

Hello,

the software sounds very great. I'm shure, I will test the program.

Will it be possible to start the program with german or other regional settings, or need the programm also like Pt the regional settings "United States"? It would beb grat, if the program would also run with german regional settings.

Also it would be nice, if it is possible to select an other languages in the program. Maybe, that the users can ad a new language with a language file, similarly as with the xml-documents for the reports. That isn't very important, but it would be nice.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:32 PM

So do we have a date on when the HUD beta will be available?