Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Court messed up my name, whats my play?

I got a ticket and the officer wrote my father's name on the ticket (mistakenly got his name from the registration) but my b-day, everything else, etc. I went to court, told them the truth and that was enough to void the ticket.

I have no idea what my experience suggests about the situation at hand.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got a ticket and the officer wrote my father's name on the ticket (mistakenly got his name from the registration) but my b-day, everything else, etc. I went to court, told them the truth and that was enough to void the ticket.

I have no idea what my experience suggests about the situation at hand.

[/ QUOTE ] I guess Ill drive up there tomorrow and try and sort it out.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess Ill drive up there tomorrow and try and sort it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be a trip report I can't wait to read!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:24 PM

I had a situation where they couldn't find my ticket when I called. They told me he was probably delayed in turning it in and to call back 2-3 wks later. I did. They still didn't have it. 2-3 wks later they still didn't have it.

Okay, so I forgot about it.

Then got a notice several months later to appear in court for the unpaid ticket. WTF? I had tried calling them a bunch of times already.

So I show up in court and want to explain but the judge cuts me off thinking I'm going to give some lame excuse about how I didn't see the sign or something.
Then she says, "Wait, this ticket is from last March?" It was now November or something.
So I interject, "Yes. I had called 3 or 4 different times over 2-3 months to try to pay it but every time I called they were unable to find the ticket. And then over 6 months later I got this letter in the mail to show up here."

Somehow they let me go without paying anything because the delay wasn't my fault and it was now necessary for the officer to file something else after that length of time which he never did.

Something like that anyway.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a situation where they couldn't find my ticket when I called. They told me he was probably delayed in turning it in and to call back 2-3 wks later. I did. They still didn't have it. 2-3 wks later they still didn't have it.

Okay, so I forgot about it.

Then got a notice several months later to appear in court for the unpaid ticket. WTF? I had tried calling them a bunch of times already.

So I show up in court and want to explain but the judge cuts me off thinking I'm going to give some lame excuse about how I didn't see the sign or something.
Then she says, "Wait, this ticket is from last March?" It was now November or something.
So I interject, "Yes. I had called 3 or 4 different times over 2-3 months to try to pay it but every time I called they were unable to find the ticket. And then over 6 months later I got this letter in the mail to show up here."

Somehow they let me go without paying anything because the delay wasn't my fault and it was now necessary for the officer to file something else after that length of time which he never did.

Something like that anyway.

[/ QUOTE ] this is very much like my situation.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:57 PM

WTF?

- You get pulled over and get a ticket. You are supposed to get something in the mail about it later, but don't, so you call them.
- They tell you there was some screwup on their part and you will get a new letter in a few weeks.
- This new letter never arrives, but the [censored] want you to pay $300 extra because you didn't pay the first time.

I would be so pissed off right now.