Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Bodog down?

[ QUOTE ]
I simply downloaded the client from the new site without uninstalling my old Bodog client. It just wrote over the old one and I'm good to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I simply downloaded the client from the new site without uninstalling my old Bodog client. It just wrote over the old one and I'm good to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you still have your notes?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Downloading the application from NewBodog.com does preserve notes. I don't think they were stored locally in the first place. I definitely still have them either way. So I wouldn't bother with regedit.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Downloading the application from NewBodog.com does preserve notes. I don't think they were stored locally in the first place. I definitely still have them either way. So I wouldn't bother with regedit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is a moot point since the new client apparently preserves the notes...but FWIW they are definitely saved locally...in this registry folder...
Old 08-29-2007, 09:37 PM

Ragz I know you are trying to be cute with that response, but that probably is damn near what Calvin would say to his reps.
I am confused by who would be this Bodog Exec, is Bodog no longer owned solely by Calvin Ayre and he is the CEO of his company?

I am not sure how familiar you are with his company which is ran out of Costa Rica but again the U.S. has no jurisdiction over Ayre. Do you know of his past issues with U.S. DOJ? Or with his stance on U.S. anti-gambling laws? Do you remember what he did with sites who quit hosting U.S. players? Oh yeah, he bought them and their U.S. players and brought them over to Bodog. Why is that? Because he doesn't care about the U.S. government. He flaunts this in their faces.

Also have you read what Bodog reps have been saying on sites like Gambling911 or TheRX? Sites with very close ties to Ayres? Bodog reps have already said the person behind the suit can HAVE THE DOMAINS, we don't intend to negotiate with these people. I know they will pay a reasonable amount to get the domains back, $10 Mill might end up happening I will give you that.

I only disagreed with your first statement that this isn't about the domain names, do you agree now that this IS WHAT this is about? That idiot who thinks he owns a patent over paying out bets is gonna get shutdown the first time a major player actually goes at it with him in court. These types of patents are a joke, this is similar to what Microsoft is trying to do to stop software like Linux.

-Brendan
Old 08-29-2007, 10:31 PM

What I don't understand now is who has the rights to the url bodog.com, the govenment or 1st Technologies? If it's the govt, why did it take this silly lawsuit to shut down the site when they could have done it at any time, and if Calvin is so arrogent to the US Laws, why would they ever let them reopen under the same name?
And if it's 1st Tech, why hasn't anyone else sued bodog before this, knowing they can't represent themselves in court and would lose their site to the first Joe Shmoe taking them to court?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:48 PM

Ragz yeah it makes no damn sense. Any gambling related site that is currently located on servers ran by companies who will work with the U.S. Government, Canada for example, had better get relocated ASAP. This is only the first site to be attacked like this. From what I have read this company is gonna go after some other major players. I hope they are on foreign servers.