Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Cap flop HU with middle pair +FD?

I think he will never fold the flop with overcards here. He will at least peel, so i get at least 1 BB from him if he folds the turn.
If i let him bet and he gives up on the river, i earn only 1,5BB from him either, the same amount my line got me. So i still think it was good.

I am pretty sure he had a pocket pair, because everything else would have odds to see the turn. And I think it was a higher one than 7s quite a few times.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:36 PM

Iīm not going to argue with you. Your play has itīs benefits.Mostly because you almost have 50% pot equity against hands like QQ,KK,and AA and are a strong favorite against others. But flush draws equity rapidly decreases after a turn that misses.
I donīt agree with your maths though. If you raise him on flop you only gain 1 SB more. If you call flop and he bets turn also you gain 1BB.
Very few opponents starts to check/call this turn with overcards and very,very,very few players 3-bets this flop with 88-TT and at the same time folds to a CAP. Most players calls your raise with 88-TT and calls down if not a heart comes.
Also If he has a better hand than you and you hit your hand on turn you will probably also win more if you just call flop.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:49 PM

I don't think there's much of a difference between capping and putting in 3 bets. Depending upon how aggressive you want to play the hand, you could cap the flop then check the turn. You could call his 3-bet, then raise the turn (he's much more likely to fold UI overcards on the turn).
I would cap the flop then probably bet (or call if he bets) the turn and check the river UI if given the opportunity.
If he continues to bet, then it depends upon what the board looks at the river if I still have a pair of 7s after all the cards are out.