Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Stupid play???????

1-2 PLO
hero 175.00
villian 200.00

I have played with villian before and he is crazy, pot raises the button every time will shove on any good draw ect. ect.....

I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]j [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

In BB blind, UTG limps, MP limps, Button (villian raises pot)

I decide just to call here because i think he will call my pot bet in position putting me on the exact hand i have so i want to disguise my hand a little, so i call every one else folds

FLOP 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villian bets pot
100% sure he would c-bet here, So i decide to check raise here really thinking he has air, this might have been where i made a mistake

He shoves here and i'm left having to call 30 into a 390.00 pot

He shows a A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] j [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Turn blanks, river a diamond

Bad shove on my part here or should i call the C-bet or just fold the hand as i only really have a gutter and a over pair.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Stupid play???????

Just calling on this flop is probably your worst option unless you plan on just bluffing a diamond
Old 08-28-2007, 12:14 AM

probably its not a bad play
to prevent such tough situation reraise him more often
someimtes he push you back preflop and you fold with some marginal hands but when you have aces and he re-reraise you its a nice spot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2007, 12:23 AM

Next time just reraise preflop. It looks like you're short enough that you'll only have about one PSB left on the flop anyway, so even if you turn the AA out of your hand face-up, you can still play profitably getting it all-in on any flop.

As is, you can't really complain about the results, you got in as about a 2:1 favorite with him needing running 4s or a diamond to win or a jack to split.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As is, you can't really complain about the results, you got in as about a 2:1 favorite with him needing running 4s or a diamond to win or a jack to split.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] huh? villain has gutshot+FD, which is more like 3:2 fav for hero
Old 08-29-2007, 06:47 AM

There is one thing that is blatantly obvious to me and that is you're being results oriented. DUCY?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:42 PM

It's a "swing-generating" play, but I don't mind it that much.. Td, 8d, x generates a lot of draws where you're way behind, but against a total maniac, it's not too bad.. But, I would pick a better spot to make a stand.. you have AA, but no real chance of improving, except for 3 non diamond gutter-outs... You will find better spots against a guy like this..
Call me a nit, but I would fold the flop..
Pre flop.. You have a good hand, but you are out of position against a maniac.. There should be arguments for re-raising, and smooth calling.. I'd go with the latter in this spot... But that's me, and my style...