Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 11-26-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: mass effect

What classes did you guys pick, and what's you're experiences so far? I'm thinking of starting over as a Vanguard (initially picked Soldier)
Old 11-26-2007, 04:36 PM

what is the combat like in this game?

It is the same style of combat of Baulders Gate? Is it more traditional RPG Combat?

just curious, thanks.

Thinking about going out to pick it up later today possibly
Old 11-26-2007, 05:06 PM

The closest thing I can compare the combat to is Kingdom Hearts, very much a hybrid action/RPG.

You can literally "pause" the action and select targets to apply "spells" to. You can also pause action to switch weapons. Its not like Baldurs Gate, because that was more action, and its not turned based at all like a regular RPG.

The system takes some adjusting, but man, its pretty damn sweet once you get it down.

Thug, I picked the Infiltrator class. I am enjoying it quite a bit. You have a lot of tech skills so decryption is easier. You also have decent combat skills. I would like to be able to train with the assualt rifle, but the pistol and sniper rifle work well. I also really like being able to use Damping, Sabotage, and Overlord against opponents.

I am seriously leaning torwards using something with Biotic powers next time through simply because throwing and lifting people is [censored] awesome and funny.

Soldier strikers me as very straightforward, but I haven't tried it.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:59 PM

Hit level 50 so now I can buy the master spectre gear/weapons, but I already had a better piece of armor on my main guy. Which made me go wtf, I guess Predator X is better than Titan X.

It does look alot cooler though I must say, its metallic black with red stripes, pretty badass.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:55 PM

Some gameplay tips i read on the ign forums. No spoilers.

Also when driving the Mako hold down LT then click in the Right Stick for a scoped view.

After you complete primary objectives on Therum, Noveria or Feros many new side assignments open, as well as random codex to find mainly at the Citadel (Docks for example Normandy codex)

Maxing out Paragon or Renagade points also unlock new side assignments (Using these skills also unlocks spaces in your stats to add LVL points to them) You should only go for Paragon or Renagade during your first career, 75 points in each is not possible your first go around.

Scholar achievement can be done talking with crew/people on the Normandy and Citadel (also talk to the tour VI's in the Citadel) you can achieve this before any major story line.

To reach LVL 60 you must finish the Main story and choose to "continue" your career from the start.

Any Ally achievment (Krogan Ally for example) you must have this member in your squad for the majority of your career this means more then the main story line!

Earning the Rich achievment will unlock something.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:04 PM

Are Paragon/Renegade points simply measures of how often you use the upper right versus bottom right conversation options?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:24 PM

Yes, and in the Squad point screen, Charm is for Paragon, Intimidation for Renegade. After you get spectre status though.

High enough points in either allow you to take a paragon/renegade conversation, which usually at the end of the conversation will net you additional points for whichever you chose.

Spoiler - <font color="white"> If you have high enough intimidation or charm, you can save Wrex from Virmire, It says if you do the side quest Wrex's Family Armor, it helps even more. </font>
Old 11-26-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 16 hours in and I gotta say the game is pretty short if you focus on the main missions, after doing a couple of sidequests I decided to focus on the mainquest and almost finished the main storyline in 1 sitting. There's tons of replayvalue to be found though with all the decisions you are forced to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

What level were you upon completion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at 38 now with a soldier/shock trooper and about to do the last mission. Haven't gotten the finished 50% achievement yet tho so there's lots of stuff left for my next game.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are Paragon/Renegade points simply measures of how often you use the upper right versus bottom right conversation options?

[/ QUOTE ]not completely, you can gain point for either based on actions in game as well.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:29 PM

does anybody have a link that lists all the prestige classes you can unlock?
also i read theres a way to unlock a talent for your class that you usually can't pick, like singularity for a soldier, anybody know how?