Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 10-01-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Oktober der Niedrige Zufriedene Faden(Oct. LC Thread)

Sports triv sharing.-My older brother used to play in the big band that played at the Rams games when they played at Anaheim stadium. He is also a full time musician

I used to play at some Angels games back in the 80-90's in between innings. Pretty fun seeing diff players before the games down near the workout room where we would meet before we played. Dave Winfield was freakin giant and Brian Downing had arms like Popeye. Nice guys as well. We would also yell Bert Blyleven's name and then hide behind trash cans and he would look for us. He was a prankster so he liked it
Old 10-01-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last night at Oceans 11 waiting for a 4/8 seat to open up in the main room. I was in the tourney-lower limit room sitting at a low buy in NLHE table passing the time and they had the SD game on. They have one giant tv screen and several smaller flat screens on various walls. The giant screen somehow is about 7-8 seconds time delayed behind the smaller flat screens. There is some play happening almost the whole room is watching some guy score and yelling. Forward to 8 seconds later and one lone large man at our table stands up watching the giant screen and starts yelling "Go baby Go!!!!!!!! Go baby go!!" Hilarious. Everyone is staring at him & chuckling. He didn't catch on at all.

Good times

PS. OF note, he had about 6 chips left total in his stack and opted to just call a $4 bet on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you should bet him on future happenings... like..

I bet $20 they fumble next play.. deal??? quick.. deal? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 08:18 PM

I was playing $4/$8 this weekend at commerce. Several callers, a player in MP raised, more callers, I 3-bet with AKs in late position. The player on the button got this really irritated look on his face and proceeded to fold POCKET ACES face up. He then said, "Aces have no chance of winning with this many players and this much action preflop". The funny thing was, half of the other players at the table spent the next 5 minutes talking about how right he was and how that was the smart thing to do. I think some of them were actually serious! Of course the original raiser won the HUGE pot with unimproved pocket QQ. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 10:37 PM

Scarm, that was me who folded the pocket A.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Unbelieveable~!! What was his expression when he saw that QQ won?
Old 10-01-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
first order of business. do we want a FTP and/or Stars Regulars thread? i don't really care, but i also don't want the forum to reach the point where we have more of these types of posts(LC, Results, Regs, etc.) than strategy posts. we are above all things a strat forum. we could even eliminate the LC if desired. i'm a puppet for you guys so let me know what you think is best and we'll decide.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, what Kit said. Probably not enough traffic in here. But what about a thread where you anyone may constructively discuss any small stakes online regular player on any site? Winrates at certain sites could go in here too. So it would be a thread for FTP, Stars, Party, UB, etc. I think such discussions could be valuable. Would there be enough traffic for this? Or is my idea dumb in some other way?

Eliminate the LC thread? Nah, I think we need a place where we are allowed to write crud, and good crud sometimes.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:37 AM

anyone want to share AIM screennames or make theirs known? i've never really utilized it much, but i've had a screenname for a while. i need to update my buddy list.

btw, i'm "steelcityjameser".
Old 10-02-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone want to share AIM screennames or make theirs known? i've never really utilized it much, but i've had a screenname for a while. i need to update my buddy list.

btw, i'm "steelcityjameser".

[/ QUOTE ]

AIM jsmucny

hit me up
Old 10-02-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scarm, that was me who folded the pocket A.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Unbelieveable~!! What was his expression when he saw that QQ won?

[/ QUOTE ]
He shrugged it off and said that he still made the right play because the majority of the time he was going to lose the pot. It amazes me the way some people think [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 06:01 PM

I haven't been on AOL in like a year or more. If anyone has a gmail address, PM me and we can exchange, as that's how I do my chatting these days.

People fold AA preflop in cash games? I thought that was like the only inviolable rule....couldn't believe the thread. Is there a situation where AA is a dog pf? Like...3 handed with 2 AA and the other guy holding 78s or something? I can't imagine there is....
Old 10-04-2007, 07:38 AM

Default GOD [censored] DAMNIT

DOES THIS [censored] EVER STOP? HEY LOOK I JUST RIVERED A FULL HOUSE AND THERE'S LIKE 19,000,000 STRIAGHTS AND FLUSHES OUT.

I KNOW.

I'LL CHECK CALL.

O HAI I GOT JACKS IMA COLDCALL PF
O SWEET I FLOPT A OVERPAIRS
CHECK CALLS
CHECK CALLS
CHECK CALLS
TENS WITH AN ACE? O I PUT YOU ON LIKE, 5 KINGZ, I GOTS JACKZ

The only hand that matters because everything else sucks.

I don't know like 200 people limp. There was a line at the door when they heard I got dealt KK. So I raise because I'm a sadist and obviously a fish. Stupid dumb [censored] moron regular "tag" is villain and ulttrraaa passive guy is V2. The thing that kills me is I'm SURE if you walked in to the Borg and asked about these two guys EVERYONE would be like OMG SO PRO

Villain limps as do like two others. I raise K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K:stfu: in Lateish. V2 calls from SB and it's 5-7 of us.

A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
villain says "I wouldn't want to miss my opportunity" wtf Ace do you have here asdfasdf And I call bc obviously I suck. V2 calls.

turn's the 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Giving me like 12,000 outs.
Both check to me
W
T
F

BETTTTTTTTT
CALL CALL DURRR
River's a 6:WTF: both check to me and I'm just so confused by this hand that I check.

V2 turns over 88 for a extremly well played straight.

Villain turns over Ten eight and is like "OMG I THOUGHT I HAD THE BEST HAND ON THE FLOP"

6 way raised pot Ace high flop honestly middle pair is usually good there.

nice hand
nice hand
nice river check
nice hand
nice hand
Oh you had the Q6 o ok nh
nh
nhnhnhnhnh

PS Dagger.

I just got turned in like $300 pot and you came over and asked me how I was doing. Sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I almost ate all my chips to indicate "bad."

180BB and counting