Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 10/20 Hand Against TV Dude (No, not wrong forum)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we have 123bbs at the flop and AA.

don't fold. bet the flop. c/r flop, do whatever you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

We already limp/raise = check/raise. You don't want to do that twice

[/ QUOTE ]

erm no. dan bright quadfecta ftw
Old 06-25-2007, 09:29 AM

First Thoughts:

If villain is crazy and raising PF a significant percentage of the time, especially if he's sitting close to my left, then PF really doesn't suck, and I would be considering this move with a range of hands beyond just AA, KK.

In general, I _would_ consider folding at some point. I raise him a further $200 when the hand gets back to me, and villain can win over 13x that from me (my initial stack is $2.7k). I've not cut down his implied odds sufficiently to make me prepared to pay him off regardless.

All that is irrespective of the flop actually seen. How the texture impacts my play, I would need to give more thought.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:59 AM

yes, because you made your hand obvious as hell with a stupid limp reraise
Old 06-25-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I hate your limp re-raise. You might as well flip your hand face up.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:09 AM

I don't hate the lrr, yall, he's not that deep and has gotten lots of money in against a bluffy maniac.

As others said, b3b. Maybe there is a twist to this pot somehow, but I can't see it...
Old 06-25-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At the levels I play (NL$100 mostly) this move is AA about 80% of the time and KK the other 20%, so if you were playing me at Stars NL$100 you wouldn't get another penny out of me unless I beat AA on the flop.

As to how to play this hand, assuming villain thinks your range includes something besides AK and high PPs, then I bet and call a shove on the flop. I might be able to fold (assuming I am not already AI) if the river brings a 4-straight or 4-flush on board.

I can't see dumping AA against a thinking maniac for less than 200 bbs, assuming of course that I haven't turned my hand face up.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:17 AM

jesus just fold right now
Old 06-25-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't hate the lrr, yall, he's not that deep and has gotten lots of money in against a bluffy maniac.

As others said, b3b. Maybe there is a twist to this pot somehow, but I can't see it...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but now the bluffy maniac knows you have a big pp
Old 06-25-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At the levels I play (NL$100 mostly) this move is AA about 80% of the time and KK the other 20%, so if you were playing me at Stars NL$100 you wouldn't get another penny out of me unless I beat AA on the flop.

As to how to play this hand, assuming villain thinks your range includes something besides AK and high PPs, then I bet and call a shove on the flop. I might be able to fold (assuming I am not already AI) if the river brings a 4-straight or 4-flush on board.

I can't see dumping AA against a thinking maniac for less than 200 bbs, assuming of course that I haven't turned my hand face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree that limp-reraising is almost never a good idea.

However, to be incapable of adjusting to the table conditions is bad poker, IMO, and with a crazy lag-raiser to our left, this is a good way of taking advantage. We can do this with a reasonably wide range. Munkey said it puts our range at TT+, AQ+, but that's not far off our Ring UTG pf-raise range anyway, is it? Throw in a couple of suited connectors for good measure.

I'm dubious about the min-raise however - villain knows we know he's raising with a lot of hands so a minraise is not likely to drive a lot of hands away - seems more like a pot sweetner, if anything. Then he instacalls our reraise - which suggests he doesn't have a hand he could 4bet, or might consider tossing. This feels a lot like small/mid PP's, possibly some suited connectors, rather than A-big kicker or bigger pairs.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 AM

Now, I have three questions:

1) Will you consider folding your aces at any point in this hand?
<font color="blue">
I guess if I have to make that decision now, the answer would be no. </font>

2) If you answered "yes" to the first question, explain why, or explain what events would have to happen in order for you to fold (either give a specific line you would take, or a tell you would look for, etc).

<font color="blue"> I didn't answer 'yes' as with the information I have now, it's difficult to imagine a scenario in which I'd toss them but I'm sure there are certain scenarios in which I might toss them. I'm a big fan of keeping my decisions as open and dynamic as possible.</font>

3) If you answered "no" to the first question, explain why not, and explain a few ways you might proceed with the hand postflop.

<font color="blue"> I basically answered with a wishy washy no. My reasoning is simplistic. I have aces, this guy's a super bluffy maniac. I have less than 150bbs.</font>

<font color="blue">I'm thinking that his most likely hands here are small/mid pairs and sc's mixed in with a fair amount of total junk.

I'm definitely making my standard flop bet here. I think he's floating with nearly his entire range, he's got some gutters, some mid-pairs (maybe a 6)that still 'might' be good and he's got position.

It seems to me that all 6's, 7's,. 8's and 9's are potentially bad cards. If any of these cards comes on the turn, I'm probably turning my hand even more face up and c/c'ing all the way down as he seems crazy enough to try to bluff a virtual unknown off of aces here.

Most other turn cards I'm torn between bombs away and c/r all in. With paint I'm probably c/r all in and with the baby cards it's probably bombs away.</font>