Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-29-2007, 08:31 PM

Default 44 Set in the SB

8/16 live. Villain is MP. She is playing a lot of hands and ColdCalling a lot raises. She is currently on a bit of a rush. Her PF raising range is fairly wide. She bets lot so flops with or without a piece.

One EP(bad loose player)limps, MP raises, 3 callers to Hero in the SB with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] who calls, BB calls. 7 ways.

(13.5 SBs) Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Hero Checks, Checked to MP who bets, 2 LP callers, Hero raises, Folded to MP who 3 bets, folded to Hero who 4 bets(HU now), MP 5 bets, Hero???

Other questions: My SB call here okay with this many people coldcalling? I thought it would be

My planned C/R on the flop cool as well or just better to lead out and hope she raises so I can get a 3 bet in?
Old 11-29-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: 44 Set in the SB

im bumping this for ever, your crushing a ton of her range, and only behind to 2 possible hands. if shes got Q-Q, K-K here, im losing alot of chips. i play this hand exactly this way. NH
Old 11-29-2007, 09:05 PM

The SB coldcall here looks fine with 3 cold callers already in and very little chance of a 3 bet.

I'm not sure I 4 bet the flop here since it is HU at this point. I might call 3 and lead the turn.

I think the CR on the flop is fine, if you are pretty sure she will bet almost any flop.

How aggressive is she post flop? Would she three bet AK here? Would she 3 bet KQ? From the description it sounds like she probably would, and you will be ahead substantially more than half the time. If she is only 3 betting with 2 pair or better, then it is much closer.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:45 PM

1) Putting your Villian on a hand:

While your Villian plays a lot and cold calls a lot, those facts say nothing about her raise range. We played Tuesday with people who raised NOTHING PF but almost played ATC. Welcome to HG. Would she raise KQo the way we do? Probably not. Look at your experience with her. Is she an AQ+ person, or does she get weird on her raises from time to time?

2) More importantly, you know that you are (probably) WAY ahead with your flopped set, so the issue is which line builds the biggest pot?

a) Your line: c/r the flop.
b) c/c the flop planning to c/r the turn, or
c) bet out the flop.

I like to bet out my stealth bombs. No way does your Villian put me on a set when it gets to her. I think this also builds a pot right away when I force the players between me and MP to call right away. When MP raises, people are less afraid of her raises and she'll get more action. Now I've got to decide. Wait for the turn or 3 bet? With two pictures on the board I would force the issue. 3 bet. With only one piece of paint I would lay back and c/r the turn. If she caps that tells me to put it into call down mode, but I might still bet out the river.

Line c = bet out and keep going. If capped, c/c the turn. Bet out on the river/call.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:19 PM

call his raise then lead the turn. if villian raises us on the turn we should 3-bet basically any turn card given how we are ahead of his range.

preflop: good. there is going to be a least a five-way pot when the action gets to you. As we all know small pp's love multi-way action.

i like the flop check-raise in this spot. you're able to trap more people for two bets in this particular pot.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:42 PM

I was fairly sure she was going to lead the flop here.

Fuzz, I think at some point if she keeps reraising me I have to figure she has QQ or KK and at how many bets do I assume that? I just wonder if I should have forgone the 4th bet on the small bet street and led out on the turn with hopes of at least getting a 3 bet in, being a bigger bet street. I almost like mikeca's line the best now I think. To add, like Yak said, which line gets us the most here when we are likely ahead? Hard to say exactly. I'll post the rest of the hand a but later and let you know what I did.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:02 PM

against the type of player you described in the OP, i find it hard not closing the betting with this hand. i dont know, i might be wrong. what is your image here, or is she even capable of noticing. also, shes on a rush, so she might be feeling invincible,maybe swept up with here recent fortunes so shes throwing here chips around even more liberally than she normally( wich,from OP ,shes already overbetting here hands absurdly) again, i might be wrong
Old 11-30-2007, 12:20 AM

pf call good.
Flop c/r, nice. You'd bet/3bet if that would trap more calls, but it looks like most of the field is in late position. There's a near zero chance this flop is getting checked thru.

Not sure if I like the 4-bet because your range just closed up to two pair+ and maybe AK. You might get more action from weaker hands by calling the 3-bet and leading the turn.

But whatever... don't fold.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:37 AM

I think her perception of me was tight and only coming in with a good hand. I also don't think she was the type to get this bet crazy with just top pair like an AK or AQ hand.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:35 AM

yea, i think your right. her 5 bet narrows it down.i still think your about even here though. im still leading any turn without a king or queen though.