Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 08:43 AM

Default Re: AC in America

Well, I'd also add that 98% of the population is rather stupid.

Now I'm not claiming only the 2% are people who know what ACism is. There's some overlap between them and the stupid ones.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'd also add that 98% of the population is rather stupid.

Now I'm not claiming only the 2% are people who know what ACism is. There's some overlap between them and the stupid ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanna name names, but... nah. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think 98% of the population isn't aware there is an AC movement in America...I don't even think there is one. Umm, as a result, it can only gain popularity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great and correct post Taso. AC is so marginal that it is somehow funny, specially when the acolytes come out with their usually unfounded fervor! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Well, that is funny, for anyone that sees politics from the outside, without blinkers!

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] Smileys
[ ] LOLs
[x] AC sucks
[x] Too many !'s
Old 11-16-2007, 11:57 AM

Don't know why you are mentioning both AC and Atheism together. Don't see any relationship.

I had never heard of AC until joining 2+2. Still have never met an ACer in person.

Atheists and non-believers probably make up about 10% of the US population. Many, many of my friends, co-workers and family are Atheists.

More than 50% of some European countries are Atheists or non-believers.

No comparison IMO.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No comparison IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a few generations.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know why you are mentioning both AC and Atheism together. Don't see any relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a relationship, though probably not a causal one. I'd be curious to see how many self-proclaimed ACists here are also atheists. I would guess somewhere around 90%.

Both AC and Atheism have a core belief that there is no higher authority than self.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think 98% of the population isn't aware there is an AC movement in America...I don't even think there is one. Umm, as a result, it can only gain popularity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great and correct post Taso. AC is so marginal that it is somehow funny, specially when the acolytes come out with their usually unfounded fervor! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Well, that is funny, for anyone that sees politics from the outside, without blinkers!

[/ QUOTE ]
Why are you commenting on a thread asking about something in America when you are not from America and therefore have no clue?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why are you commenting on a thread asking about something in America when you are not from America and therefore have no clue?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a whole thread about something wrong in Saudi Arabia...I wonder how many posters in that thread are from Saudi Arabia.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a relationship, though probably not a causal one. I'd be curious to see how many self-proclaimed ACists here are also atheists. I would guess somewhere around 90%.

Both AC and Atheism have a core belief that there is no higher authority than self.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know if that is true but certainly not in reverse. 90% of Atheists are not ACers.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know if that is true but certainly not in reverse. 90% of Atheists are not ACers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.