Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 11-06-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Playing HU at SNG 6-max: theory discussion

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I three bet with J9o and got called down with A8o by another aggro villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against loose players, you're burning money threebetting with jack high. Tight ones, maybe you can induce a fold, but if you don't, you're going to struggle to win the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh no this is very wrong and backwards, Id much rather 3 bet into the loose opponent with J9 than the tight one HU

EDIT: meh misread somewhat we arent talking about 3bet shoves so nm

Although with 20bb territory we should only be 3bet shoving if we do and my point stands if we're shoving
Old 11-06-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Playing HU at SNG 6-max: theory discussion

1. At a depth of 15-20x I prefer to raise 2.2-2.6x. Doesn't rid you of postflop problems described, but at least the pots stay smaller (the c-bets are smaller as well)
2. This could be just an unlucky run of not hitting flops while loose-passive opponents call you lightly. If there's a great answer to play HU at this depth while missing flops, I can't think of it.
3. Maybe you'd be more comfortable limping OTB with hands like A8 when you don't want to play, as one guy called it today, "two-card poker." Yeah, I do hate limping w/ the best hand, but smallballing a really bad opponent might work out.