Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: kenny tran

If you never fold, some calls are going to look sick good.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:17 PM

Yea but that hand.. You have J9 high... You can't even beat Queen or King high. That's an outstanding call even if you do call a lot of people down.. It's not like he had bottom pair.. J9 high on a A2356 board against the big blind. I mean, there's only one hand you can actually beat, 78 .. or maybe 9-7 but I don't think he'd call a turn bet with 9-7.

This forum is full of haters and you all just keep proving it. Give props where it's due. I'd like to see you guys make that call at a final table on TV with J9 high. I don't care how often you call people down, that's just amazing.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:28 PM

genius
Old 11-01-2007, 02:31 PM

psh he is so [censored] arrogant, he dubbed himself "sick call kenny" and the jack high call to me would have been way more impressive if like four hands later he hadn't made an absolutely terrible call on the river against filipi. seems to me that more and more he's calling on the river w/ VV marginal (lol can i even call them marginal) hands in hopes that the other guy is just screwing around w nothing. and then he can gloat about it.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
psh he is so [censored] arrogant, he dubbed himself "sick call kenny" and the jack high call to me would have been way more impressive if like four hands later he hadn't made an absolutely terrible call on the river against filipi. seems to me that more and more he's calling on the river w/ VV marginal (lol can i even call them marginal) hands in hopes that the other guy is just screwing around w nothing. and then he can gloat about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm.....ya, we know, he's awesome.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:35 PM

Anyone who saw how deep he went in HORSE and the ME this year that thinks he never folds is a moran.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:24 PM

oh i know he's really [censored] good but i'm just saying i think ppl have taken notice of some of those calls he's made in the past... and i think he's constantly tryin to live up to that rep and it's affecting his game slightly
Old 11-01-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who saw how deep he went in HORSE and the ME this year that thinks he never folds is a moran.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-01-2007, 03:53 PM

Sick calls on the river in LIMIT poker are highly overrated, often times the math alone will require you to call with very marginal hands.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm just saying i think ppl have taken notice of some of those calls he's made in the past... and i think he's constantly tryin to live up to that rep and it's affecting his game slightly

[/ QUOTE ]
This $50k HORSE event was filmed way before the WSOP ME was televised, so which reputation is he trying to suddenly live up to? I've never seen him on TV before the ME.