Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: kenny tran

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that jack hi call was the most sick/best poker play ever shown on television. alas, its pretty close to doyle brunson snap-calling 25k on the river vs jamie gold with ace hi.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see that, is there a video of that? Link?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATp1qsjEh-c

he called both the turn and the river with ace high, alas only for 15k in total ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's the wrong link cause in that hand Doyle hit a straight on the turn.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that jack hi call was the most sick/best poker play ever shown on television. alas, its pretty close to doyle brunson snap-calling 25k on the river vs jamie gold with ace hi.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see that, is there a video of that? Link?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATp1qsjEh-c

he called both the turn and the river with ace high, alas only for 15k in total ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's the wrong link cause in that hand Doyle hit a straight on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

i´m talking about the second hand in the video
Old 11-01-2007, 10:01 AM

you can also try pokertube and click on wsop 2007 for all the horse episodes.

the call by tran was the sickest call ever, but at the same time, ive never seen him fold before
Old 11-01-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, that Jack high call was the sickest hand I've ever seen. I mean it was limit but his opponent was in the BB and it was all low cards with an ace, and a straight board with just one card. There were literally only a few hands he could beat (7-8, 8-9, 9-7) that he would be calling all those bets with, and the limit bets were quite large at 200,000. Plus it's on TV, so if you're calling a river bet with Jack high and the guy shows a straight or two pair, you will look like a pretty severe donkey.

He's my new hero
Old 11-01-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
a sick call is only good when the person is humble about it (like they've been there before)..Tran is such a douche that he has to make sure everyone KNOWS how good a call it is by talking about it for 30 minutes
Old 11-01-2007, 11:28 AM

Is that (Kennys call) from the H.O.R.S.E event? Ive only seen 4 epsidoes of the HORSE so may have missed it...
Old 11-01-2007, 11:56 AM

[/ QUOTE ]
a sick call is only good when the person is humble about it (like they've been there before)..Tran is such a douche that he has to make sure everyone KNOWS how good a call it is by talking about it for 30 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2007, 11:59 AM

Yes it's from the HORSE event. I don't care about his reaction.. he deserves all the props on that call. How can you call someone with J9 high on a 356A2 ..or something of that sort kind of board.. Especially since the other guy was in the big blind...

That was an incredible call and easily worth the reaction.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have to agree, He's a great player and makes some sick calls, but does he have to stand up run around and yell "i am the greatest" everytime? When he made that call against Amnon where they only hand he could really beat was the missed 7-8 draw, He should have stood up ran to his buddies and yelled "i am a donkey", When Barry talks about stu and says: you always hear about his great calls but never about his great laydowns
Old 11-01-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes it's from the HORSE event. I don't care about his reaction.. he deserves all the props on that call. How can you call someone with J9 high on a 356A2 ..or something of that sort kind of board.. Especially since the other guy was in the big blind...

That was an incredible call and easily worth the reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was almost as good as his call with 6-3o on the A-A-X-X-3 when his opponent had A-T. When you call often enough, you will occasionally be correct.