Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > DeucesCracked.com

Old 11-05-2007, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Why Limit?

Thanks for trying to be diplomatic Joe, but I was wrong to say that. Half because its just unnecessary and unproductive - I was just wound up from the post and typing out a long response and got uncharacteristically (I hope) out of line. I apologize. And the other half is it lets him ignore all the valid points I made and focus on that part [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-05-2007, 10:28 AM

There are limit bots out there that are crushing high stakes limit. The only bots out now for NL are shortstack bots for microlimits. To me, that says a lot about the game of limit compared to NL.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:50 PM

Why Limit?

Read this thread. Read it 15 times. See what it actually says. That's why limit.

And if you can't see what this thread actually says then who cares, because you won't win in the long run anyway.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are limit bots out there that are crushing high stakes limit. The only bots out now for NL are shortstack bots for microlimits. To me, that says a lot about the game of limit compared to NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are beating (not crushing) bad limit players heads up (there isnt a good full ring bot that is known about yet that plays high stakes games). Most good players can beat the bots, there are guys in this forum that actually hunt them down because they are easy pray.

back on topic - Why limit? Because if you ever want to become a good no limit player you need to play a lot of hands in a lot of tough situations, limit poker helps prepare you for that thought process. There are only a small handfull of great NL players who did not have a limit poker background first.Its a natural progression, in general you will only find the guys who rise to the cream of the crop as NL players (such as Aba) were limit players first.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:34 PM

TT wins 2p2 superlative "person i most want to be friends with based on avatar". bullitt ftw.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT wins 2p2 superlative "person i most want to be friends with based on avatar". bullitt ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve McQueen taught me how to be a real man, I think lots of 2+2'ers can learn some lessons by watching Bullitt, The Great Escape, Papillon, and The Thomas Crown Affair.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are these bots? What sites? Online-names? Where did you get this information?

What does it say about limit? Care to expand?
Old 11-05-2007, 03:26 PM

it's more fun!
Old 11-05-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's more fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

ya know thats a fantastic argument. Full ring Limit is an action game, full ring NL is a waiting game.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's more fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

ya know thats a fantastic argument. Full ring Limit is an action game, full ring NL is a waiting game.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is action junkie mania on the norm. Although the limit games online are back but I have to say, I love LA. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]