Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: LOLO DOPE?
lol 7 12.73%
dope 13 23.64%
yer welcum 4 $$ 5 9.09%
lol dope bastard 30 54.55%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: LSD: Fruit from the Tree of Knowledge, or Dumbo\'s feather?

Psychedelics are an awesome gift. I think that if you are looking for a buzz however you should stick to alcohol. Casual "buzz seekers" may wake up somewhere they do not want to be. Ego less reality can be heaven or hell to the unexperienced. The bigger your ego is going in, the smaller it will be coming out.

Here is something interesting.

If you magnify the trichomes (sticky resin glands) on marijuana buds and leaves at a power of 60x or so, you will notice that each of these glands is identical looking to a "mushroom" minus the colors. THC (mild psychedelics) resides in the "cap" of these mushroom shaped glands and this is what produces the psychedelic side of the high. in the stalk is where cannabinoids reside. The cannabinoids are what produces pain relief, munchies, sleep etc.

The cap carries the brain "effects" and the stalk is for the "body". Very interesting. I am not positive, but I think the same is the case for "sh..roomies".

Yes, both I think are fruits from this "tree of knowledge" and perhaps would explain why they were falsely portrayed as evil in biblical stories. For why would a god create something, only to set them up? Please don't think "test" because that is absurd. The "war on marijuana" indirectly seems to follow the same path. Why would a 100% natural plants scare ruling elites into declaring war on them? The answers are obvious.

They consider cultivators of these plants "terrorists" under the patriot act. Trip on that!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Psychedelics are an awesome gift. I think that if you are looking for a buzz however you should stick to alcohol. Casual "buzz seekers" may wake up somewhere they do not want to be. Ego less reality can be heaven or hell to the unexperienced. The bigger your ego is going in, the smaller it will be coming out.

Here is something interesting.

If you magnify the trichomes (sticky resin glands) on marijuana buds and leaves at a power of 60x or so, you will notice that each of these glands is identical looking to a "mushroom" minus the colors. THC (mild psychedelics) resides in the "cap" of these mushroom shaped glands and this is what produces the psychedelic side of the high. in the stalk is where cannabinoids reside. The cannabinoids are what produces pain relief, munchies, sleep etc.

The cap carries the brain "effects" and the stalk is for the "body". Very interesting. I am not positive, but I think the same is the case for "sh..roomies".

Yes, both I think are fruits from this "tree of knowledge" and perhaps would explain why they were falsely portrayed as evil in biblical stories. For why would a god create something, only to set them up? Please don't think "test" because that is absurd. The "war on marijuana" indirectly seems to follow the same path. Why would a 100% natural plants scare ruling elites into declaring war on them? The answers are obvious.

They consider cultivators of these plants "terrorists" under the patriot act. Trip on that!

[/ QUOTE ]

I like you. You seem to get it.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:53 AM

Nielso, I thought you may like this quote as i know I do.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -Stephen Hawking
Old 10-18-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's been the media portrayal of drugs since at least the 80s, often blatantly so and often even in children's cartoons and other channels ordinarily considered off-limits to political propaganda.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would a 100% natural plants scare ruling elites into declaring war on them?

[/ QUOTE ]

so its ok for war to be declared on synthetic drugs but not natural plants? i only ask, because i hear a lot of people throw around that stuff is natural as some sort of defense for it not being bad for you.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:26 AM

Fighting anything only increases that thing so war is never an answer.

I believe no man or government should feel he/they has the moral high ground to tell another human what or what not to experience. The ruling elite have absolutely no regard for human life so we know they don't care if it's "bad" for us. It's a way of burying and suppressing truth and maintaining the stranglehold.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:27 AM

-An advertisement distributed by the Federal Bureau of Narcotics in 1935.

--------------------------------------------------------

-A rational scale to assess the harm of drugs. Data source is the March 24, 2007 article: Nutt, David, Leslie A King, William Saulsbury, Colin Blakemore. "Development of a rational scale to assess the harm of drugs of potential misuse" The Lancet 2007; 369:1047-1053.

(by "dependence" here they mean potential to generate psychological addiction or habit, which is not the same as physical dependence)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_dependence

Old 10-19-2007, 09:40 AM

That scale looks like total [censored]. Alcohol and heroin need to switch places. Barbituates are significantly worse than speed? Ha.

Moreover, both scales are inherently subjective so I highly doubt this is particularly objective, however "rational" it is. The abstract doesn't include details, unfortunately.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:54 AM

that looks pretty spot on, although i was under the impression ecstacy should be further to the right.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:04 AM

If you were under that impression, then you don't understand the effects of these drugs well enough to evaluate the chart.