Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 06:22 AM

Default Re: I have a set, but this is bat country....

[ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about the same.

Stupid spot to donk a fd on the flop for SB IMO. Given flop and turn action isnt he just a bad player with Adx?

EDIT: No he isnt, that one is out there... Hmmm I really cant see what hand he can possibly have, so maybe he is an idiot with a flush then.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm sb donks the flop hoping to trap the BB?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not because he called the three bet that he has a FD. And btw he didn't just call a three bet he donked the flop first. Can't this be an A who doesn't want the turn to get checked through and is willing to fold to a raise???

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It got capped behind him on the flop. The money card just hit and he doesnt care. What does he put them on that 3bet-cap behind him that he is still ahead of after this turn?
Old 10-05-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about the same.

Stupid spot to donk a fd on the flop for SB IMO. Given flop and turn action isnt he just a bad player with Adx?

EDIT: No he isnt, that one is out there... Hmmm I really cant see what hand he can possibly have, so maybe he is an idiot with a flush then.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm sb donks the flop hoping to trap the BB?

[/ QUOTE ]

BB 3-bet preflop. Donking a fd here would not trap BB as he will raise the donk more often than not.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:23 AM

-BB does not have the flush draw on his line, so i think we are still ahead of his AK and AQ.
-SB called two cold and didn't raise the flop so this prolly something like a JTd that has a FD.

I would probably play it the same but i really really want to fold that river here, but the pot is too big......ur beat but i don't think we can fold.

I don't get why we are raising the turn.....to get a checked to river card? I hope the raisers are folding the river when he 3bets u and then bets the river if the board doesn't pair....if the board pairs on the river get CRAZY!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:27 AM

getting 14.5-1 its an easy easy call at the least...I guess I call and hope he shows me aq and not the flush
Old 10-05-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I call and hope he shows me aq and not the flush

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-BB does not have the flush draw on his line, so i think we are still ahead of his AK and AQ.
-SB called two cold and didn't raise the flop so this prolly something like a JTd that has a FD.

I would probably play it the same but i really really want to fold that river here, but the pot is too big......ur beat but i don't think we can fold.

I don't get why we are raising the turn.....to get a checked to river card? I hope the raisers are folding the river when he 3bets u and then bets the river if the board doesn't pair....if the board pairs on the river get CRAZY!

[/ QUOTE ] I hope the raisers are folding the river when he 3bets u and then bets the river if the board doesn't pair....if the board pairs on the river get CRAZY!

This bit of reasoning is inconsequential. We get the same amount of bets whether we raise the turn or river, but we protect against the bdfd and if our read is off we will probably get a turn cap which is 2bets that we wouldnt get if the board pairs on the river. Doesnt really matter though raising the turn is bad, bc it opens you up to the possibly of a turn cap and he has a flush too damn much in this situation.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:51 PM

NH sir

god ppl play bad
Old 10-05-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Results

BB has AK, no dimond
SB has AQ

I missed about eleventy bets...
Old 10-05-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Results

Lol at sb just calling pf w/ AQ.