Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: no point in life?

Learn to pla poker bro. All the mone$ u need man.

gl
Old 10-08-2007, 09:33 PM

life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced
Old 10-10-2007, 05:08 AM

survival and replication
Old 10-10-2007, 12:18 PM

Well today is his b-day. Any update?

I don't really have much advice. I happen to agree with the people on the first page who felt your issue was that you need more money. I think if you had a substantial increase in income you'd quickly get over this.

In one respect you are better off then a lot of people in your situation. Your situation sucks and you realize it. A lot of people are delusional about that and they actually convince themselves that they are happy when they are not. This greatly increases your chances of escaping this rut.

From a pretty early age I was pretty set on not having a boring life. I had decided from the outset that I was going to do whatever it took and if I failed I rather kill myself then live a boring life. As such I get where you are. Best of luck and happy birthday.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:25 PM

Lol thanks, it was a good Bday I guess. Lots of ppl text to say congrats and stuff which included most of my friends that had moved away like I said above.

I've started the gym which is costing a fair bit but I'm hoping it will weigh against my happiness and all work out. My job still sucks and I don't anticipate leaving or getting a promotion anytime soon but it's not for the lack of trying.

I didn't mean for my original posts to lean towards money, I'm pretty sure if I was loaded I would still feel like this only without my debts. Its my state of mind more than my finances that upset me.

I have a trip down to London soon to actually meet some of the guys off the Hendon Mob Forum! which is nice as you don't usually get to see people in real life so I've got something to look forward too aswell [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So a very happy post for me to write today [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 08:03 PM

small point: are you sure there is no way to reduce your loan (other than paying it back, obviously)? things like getting a consolidation loan. hell, are you sure you can't declare bankruptcy or something?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:15 PM

Declaring bankruptcy is a loser thing to do. Even if it gets someone out of financial issues the damage it does to them as a person is much worse. Self-respect will be shot for life.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:34 PM

Wow. I'm normally a lurker par excellence but this rang true for me.

I was living in Ireland, dropped out of college at 21 when I realised what I'd chosen wasn't for me. Had to move home for a bit and was stuck working a dead end job trying to pay off huge debts.

it was depressing as hell.

After a while ( and much looking ) I found a college course I found interesting. Second time around everything seemed easier...combination of doing something I could see benefiting me and maturity. Life experience I was able to apply to the course.

Long story short I'm happily married, debt paid off ( have a mortgage tho ), and living in sunny California now.

Going back to school is not for everyone, but what I gained was a sense of achievement and self-belief that's still with me.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:28 AM

Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 PM

Join the military.

Serve your country.

Get out, hopefully alive and intact.

You will appreciate having a boring job a lot more than you do now. At least no one will be shooting at you. I know I benefitted from my time in the army.

A lot of young people without focus do well after a 3- or 4-year stint in the service.

And if you are a pacifist, a stint in something like the Peace Corps is an option, as well.