Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 09-28-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: A legitimately sick bottomset spot? (NL50)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
push, you have a set, ldo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, chargers! Strange to see you write that... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]i was mocking him, w/e.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:24 PM

call, c/r AI the turn. you're lucky there are no FD's or you would get it in AI on the flop. As is, I would be very scared of UTG's cold call but mp3's raise doesn't mean much. you're an aggro player who cbets often and thus i'm raising the flop here with 77+.

i wouldn't be surprised if mp3 shuts down on the turn, but what does UTG have? 56s, 66,44? without reads it's hard to say, and that's why you c/r AI on the turn.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:24 PM

Come on, I'm just kidding chargers...No offense.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on, I'm just kidding chargers...No offense.

[/ QUOTE ]none taken, i know i got a nitty image, and i dont care what ppl think.

In this hand I do push though or call and c/r the turn.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call, c/r AI the turn. you're lucky there are no FD's or you would get it in AI on the flop. As is, I would be very scared of UTG's cold call but mp3's raise doesn't mean much. you're an aggro player who cbets often and thus i'm raising the flop here with 77+.

i wouldn't be surprised if mp3 shuts down on the turn, but what does UTG have? 56s, 66,44? without reads it's hard to say, and that's why you c/r AI on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line the most so far. Anyone gonna challenge him?
Old 09-28-2007, 06:40 PM

the min raise i'm pretty sure is 55. the straight makes no sense for taggy opponents. i think you have to shove. if it was set over set oh well thats poker. however, you will see fairly often situations like the 3rd guy decided to flat call with AA preflop and then couldn't get away from it because 2nd guy donk raised your predictable c-bet.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line the most so far. Anyone gonna challenge him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shove now. You most likely have the best hand. You mentioned you raised first-in, but you're only looking at one side of that. You might not be able to CRAI on the turn because there are a million reasons mp3 could just check behind. Don't forget all the cards that could kill your action, either. UTG looks like 99-QQ to me, so there's all those overs. I wouldn't be surprised if MP3 held something similar. Sure, the minraise could be 44 or 66, but I'm not folding here for 1 BI.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:35 PM

I think shoving the flop makes it look like a poorly played AA given the raise and cold call.

That being said, if they have an overpair and you represent aces, it's a fold for them

The only hands that call are ones that beat aces (imo).. so they would also beat a set of 3s (on this board)

I'd probably still push, but I wouldn't like it
Old 09-28-2007, 10:11 PM

This is a push/fold situation in my opinion. Plenty of hands call here that we have beat, like random two-pairs, draws, and overpairs. I vote for a push.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:44 PM

How would you play this hand if you were c/r'ed like this and you held AA?

I think your bottom set is about equal in value vs villain's range to AA since he is either ahead (higher set) or behind (overpair lower than AA). I think 2-pair and straights seem unlikely since he limp/called a raise OOP and that usually isn't a good idea with 46s or 57s.

So, play like AA. How would you play AA?

Edit:

lol, I wrote my response before reading the thread so I missed this,

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I don't think my hand is more than 5% equity difference from AA in this spot and I think most of you would get away from that here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. So, what would you do with AA? Call the raise and proceed with caution trying to get to the river? Or push? Just curious. Villain probably puts hero on an overpair or missed overcards like AK. So villain's limp call/raise is either testing the preflop raiser with a mid-overpair, or he has a set and is trying to pot-commit the overpair. Given that villain probably has a pair, and probably puts hero on the range of big pair or missed overcards, what's your best play?

Re-edit: I think call the raise and proceed with caution. Try to get to the showdown cheaply. That's what I'd do with AA.

3rd edit: The real issue in this hand is less about what we have, and more about what villain thinks we have and what he does against that range. If he thinks we have an overpair or AK, then he might c/r once, and check down after that (unless he's a tricky and/or crazy bluffer). If he has a set, he'll c/r, lead the turn (or crai), then push the river (if he didn't crai the turn) expecting AA/KK to pay him off. Since we want to exclude 2-pair and straights and draws from his range due to the preflop action, then we should call the c/r and see how the hand progresses. Check behind on the turn. Call a bet on the river. Possibly value bet on the end if the turn is check and river check since his unimproved mid-sized overpair probably calls under those circumstances.