Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 09-19-2007, 02:29 AM

Default results

A2s, LDO.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:24 AM

Default Re: AKs gets 3-bet by tight tag...wtf?

Pretty sure this is chop chop enough...

But I honestly think if everyone says you shouldnt be raising this turn, then you definitly should not be raising the flop.

A flop donk after a cap is often a "I think youll think im FOS, so I want action" line.. This can really be any ace, so at this point your ahead significantly.

A nit will likely respond to the flop raise much more tight/passively than a spewmonkey would..

Thus I would call flop and raise the turn...

I think raising the flop is much better if his 3-bet flop range is wide enough that you can profitably pop the turn.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:49 AM

Heisenb3rg is soooo right. hear what the man is telling you.

and the other thing: dont 3-bet by default any hand.
for example a 21/15 nit is not stealing enough that you would have an equity edge against his range with 44. Just fold out of SB.
However if the 40/27 guy steals the blinds you do good and 3-bet your 44.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:38 PM

Let me just say that both I and my sweat-genius (Yourface) were SHOCKED when he turned over A2 sooooted. (I think *I* fold a2s in the SB there if a LAGTAG like, uhm, me, raises the button.)
Old 09-19-2007, 01:49 PM

I know the results. But I would just call down from flop and on.I donīt even raise flop.
In my games a donk on flop from that kind of player most often means that he can beat top pair and that he wants action.
If it is not a hand that beats top pair then it is more likely a PP looking to bet/fold than it is a worse pair of aces.
Either way I just call down and I donīt feel bad if I would miss a small bet.Because I do that less than 50% of the times.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:01 PM

i would just call down after his flop 3 bet (but bet if he checks turn). you make money from AQ-AJ and frush draws, while losing the minimum vs hands that beat yours.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know the results. But I would just call down from flop and on.I donīt even raise flop.
In my games a donk on flop from that kind of player most often means that he can beat top pair and that he wants action.
If it is not a hand that beats top pair then it is more likely a PP looking to bet/fold than it is a worse pair of aces.
Either way I just call down and I donīt feel bad if I would miss a small bet.Because I do that less than 50% of the times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not putting in a raise somewhere is bad. His donk means he has an ace. The consensus is that after he 3b flop, any further action is spewy, which in general, I agree with. However, hands that beat me seem like such a small part of *this* villain's SB 3-bet range that I felt compelled to pop the turn. (He has AQ-AJ much more than A2/A6 here, imo)
Old 09-19-2007, 02:02 PM

"I think *I* fold a2s in the SB there if a LAGTAG like, uhm, me, raises the button"

That makes 1 of us.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Not putting in a raise somewhere is bad. His donk means he has an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

sethy

the fact that this nit donk bets then 3 bets, would indicate to me he has a big hand here.

even if he's tilting or you've seen him getting out of line recently, you want him to put in bets behind with something like QQ or A7 and dont want him to fold. let him hang himself if thats the case.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Not putting in a raise somewhere is bad. His donk means he has an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

sethy

the fact that this nit donk bets then 3 bets, would indicate to me he has a big hand here.

even if he's tilting or you've seen him getting out of line recently, you want him to put in bets behind with something like QQ or A7 and dont want him to fold. let him hang himself if thats the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, agreed, I was more questioning the wisdom of just calling down from the flop donk, which I think is bad.