Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

CO: $113.25
Button: $100.00
SB: $87.40
BB: $199.05
UTG: $103.60
MP: $115.65

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, CO folds, Button calls $4, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($9.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $7</font>, Button calls $7.

Turn: ($23.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises to $40</font>, Hero calls $30.

River: ($103.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets $49 (all in)</font>, Hero calls $49.

Final Pot: $201.50
Old 08-28-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: sd vs a raise

I probably lay down to the turn raise. Even with perfect implied odds, you're only approximately breaking even on your straight draw. You have overcards too, I know, but it's entirely possible those are no good, there is some chance you're drawing entirely dead, and although Villain's turn raise seems to commit him, extracting on the river when you hit your straight is not really a given, especially since you're OOP.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:07 PM

I think if you are going to bet the turn, you should bet more, thats not enough to push him off anything, and it looks weak. I would fold to the raise, you are OOP so it will be harder to get the rest of it in if you do hit, plus you can hit and still lose*

*- I suck so take that for what its worth
Old 08-28-2007, 08:24 PM

Turn bet size is really bad. Looks like you are trying to induce a raise, good bet size if you had a full house but not with JT. I'd check probably and see what he bets and rarely CR AI.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-29-2007, 11:07 AM

Personally, I'm not raising with JTo in early position, but that's just me. Once the board pairs and puts 4 to a flush on the board, I'm folding to the turn raise (also, a bet of $10 into a pot of $23 does nothing). All of your outs are partial now, so you have at best 4 outs adjusted.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:06 PM

Preflop is fine, although folding is OK too. Flop is good. Turn is awful. C/f or betting 3/4 of the pot are both reasonable lines without a read - obviously villain has a 9 here some of the time. If you bet that small into me, I would probsbly raise any two cards, unless I had seen you inducing a raise before. Given that villain has raised, calling 30 more when you could be drawing dead is a bad idea. Finally, I shove the river myself in case he plans to check behind - he may well do this if he has less than you as all the draws have come in.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:36 PM

hey Inferno,

pf/ flop are fine.

On the turn I usually check. There are plenty of situations where i'm comfortable firing a 2nd barrel, but this one isn't the best since the 9 could well improve his hand, we will have a hard time representing a 9, and it is one of the "safer" cards for a hand like 77 that may decide to call since the turn was unlikely to help us.

As another poster mentioned the small bet would be great to induce if we had a full house, but it's not going to accomplish that much with our actual hand, especially given that now he raises we need to fold, our outs are tainted and we are in more of a reverse implied odds situation than an implied odds one, both because of his wide range and our tainted outs.

Surf