Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 07-17-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Hmmm Discuss?

[ QUOTE ]
If button raises full pot do you fold?

If no, what if both of them bet and raise pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm basically never folding ever. I just felt after the hand that it was another situation where it's never great to stick it in here and folding is too nitty. I'm only REALLY in trouble if they both have club outs. A 6 may or may not be good for me here. But If someone does have a 468x type hand then the 3,4, and NFD in my hand are some pretty serious blockers.

I just thought I would post it because it doesn't seem 100% standard, I was pretty indifferent about it when I put my money in. Usually I am either like "[censored] this is too thin" or "standard", but this kind of caught me like "bleh".
Old 07-17-2007, 10:12 AM

id argue to fold to button raise simply because you OOP with another player to act. if UTG flat calls button raise you are faced with a very crappy decision on turn when you miss and you are just cold calling raises - you hand is more than obvious. the allin 3 way id say isnt a bad move, but that removes your positional disadvantage.

btw plo8 with this hand - bet flop, raise flop, allin, cant wait to jam all my chips in center
Old 07-17-2007, 11:01 AM

are people saying this is super standard because he's so short? at what depth would you not felt this against 2 opponents willing to get it in?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:16 AM

At a table full of mostly passive players where the original raiser is virtually guaranteed to c-bet i would c/r this flop 100% of the time unless stacks were in the 400BB range. At a very active table where people are routinely felting two pair and getting it all in with small wraps on boards like this I prefer leading.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:27 AM

rempel,

when you checkraise this flop 200bb deep, you're not going to be even remotely close to all in. is the intention to get it in, heads up? 3 way?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:34 AM

Nah if I checkraise this flop it's because I expect to have some fold equity or I expect my opponents will felt all kinds of hands that I am in good shape against. If I am in MP for example, and there are quite a few donkey callers acting before me but the PFR is in LP a checkraise is sweet because the PFR will cont bet and the donks will call with lots of weak draws because they aren't commiting stacks yet. The checkraise will either win me the pot outright, get it HU with plenty of dead money, or get it all-in multiway, all of which are great outcomes.

Sorry, I've been awake for what seems like days now and I know I didn't answer your first question.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:19 PM

rempel...do you consider that sort of check raise semibluff standard?? against multiple opponents?? headsup???
Old 07-17-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

what, is your VPIP like 5%?

[/ QUOTE ]
what are u going to catch there? the best hand you may get in most cases just [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flush
are u gonna play with 32 for flush?
u dont have 6, so u dont have nuts str8 in most time
totally dont know how to call this hand preflop untill you arent SB or very shorthanded
Old 07-17-2007, 01:52 PM

Like I said it is pretty game dependant, but yeah checkraising with the NFD + a little extra is pretty standard.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:36 PM

let me ask why?
to get enough fold equity?
if u facing with trips you are 30:70 to win, dont u?