Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2006, 07:54 AM

Default New problem after updating (WordPerfect installing?)

I just randomly updated windows earlier tonight. When I restarted the computer after those updates were finished I get window telling me that WordPerfect wants to update or something but it cannot because the file is on a disk and I need to insert that disk. I try to cancel but the message comes back over and over. After cancelling 6 or 7 times it finally stays gone but I dont want to have to do that everytime I restart. I dont have a WordPerfect disk or else I would just try that. Anyone ever comes across a problem like this? I got frustrated with this and Party not working so I just turned the computer off. I can give more detail whenever I wake up.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:31 PM

Default Re: New problem after updating (WordPerfect installing?)

OK, I have no idea what happened but I guess I got rid of the problem. I think it had to do with that new Party install that messed things up. WordPerfect kept trying to install something new but the file was missing, so I just uninstalled it. Then Sonic Recording (whatever comes on Dells) did the same thing. Got rid of that. Then 2 other things did it. That was annoying. I just removed all of them from my computer and it seems to be fine now.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Re: New problem after updating (WordPerfect installing?)

I was having this problem with Excel asking me for the CD when I tried to open it. So this is related to the Party install? How does this affect Office?