Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Re: another UB bonus

no plo .10 .25 omaha games going right now.

WOW!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whoever you r talking about boondoogle i agree with you. i didnt want to say it as it might be considered flaming...............lol.

im sure phil works for minimum wage......lol. and whoever there other pros are too , just for starters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure they have overhead, but the cost to open up a couple hundred tables for the people who just left has got to be miniscule. And maybe they're making razor thin margins on the bonus/rb wh*res, but they were filling seats, had millions on account, and made the site a consistent 5/10/whatever% that's now gone. It's like a supermarket deciding they needed to make 50% profit on milk and bread. I don't get it.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

im sure phil works for minimum wage......lol. and whoever there other pros are too , just for starters.

[/ QUOTE ]
But do their overheads come down if the number of players come down? There is a tipping point with player volume and sites are playing with fire if they come near it (esp. higher cost ones like UB). UB may still be ok right now but consider what happened to Paradise (which didn't even have the costs of paying RB and lots of bonuses).

Whether or not this is a good move from a business sense I don't trust UB to have a solid plan in place.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:33 PM

according to pokersitescout, it looks like UB has lost between 25-33% of their cash players over the last couple of weeks as compared to a couple of months ago...

hopefully this jolts them, but i doubt it...
Old 05-01-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
according to pokersitescout, it looks like UB has lost between 25-33% of their cash players over the last couple of weeks as compared to a couple of months ago...

hopefully this jolts them, but i doubt it...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I'm irrationally sticking to my last 120ish worth of bonus there and then I'm gone.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:01 AM

So from this thread I get the impression that UB is now abad deal?

I was considering opening a UB account with rakeback through PSO. How much would I have to play for that to be better than going for the sign up bonus of the usual bonus plus 90$ on clearing 500 points?

What I am mainly looking for is a US site with rake back, have already got accounts at Bodog, Absolute and Full Tilt without rake back can anyone suggest a good value open to US rakeback site?
Old 05-02-2007, 07:40 PM

If you play online full or part-time, things like rakeback and bonus structuring matter, but I doubt most of those players who do play recreationally (like me) pay that much attention to rakeback and bonus structures - bonuses, yes, but frankly, I haven't noticed much change in the way the bonuses are earned.

My experience is that UB is pretty good as these sites go. For example, as to customer service, I received an unsolicited call a couple weeks ago from their customer service center informing me that they had made a mistake in March and had failed to credit me fully for something or other , and so (the rep said) they were going to credit my account for the discrepancy and have a nice day. That is not poor customer service, that's going above and beyond.

Things can change though, granted.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:36 PM

UB bonuses are hard as hell to clear
Old 05-04-2007, 02:13 PM

For ring games I agree it's tough to clear.

For SitnGo's however it appears to be a good deal after browsing through the 'how to earn ultimate points' info.

Earn 6 UltimatePoints™ per $1 of entry fee. For example, in a $10+1 tournament, you will earn 6 UltimatePoints™. In a $30+3 you will earn 18 UltimatePoints™.

10 Ultimate points = $1, so that's 60% back if you have pending bonus. Combine that with 30% RB and points for cash, it seems like a very good deal. RB is probably negated because of the bonus and points for cash, but it's still got to be close to 75% right? Essentially making the tourneys $10+.25 or so effectively. Am I missing something?
Old 05-04-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For ring games I agree it's tough to clear.

For SitnGo's however it appears to be a good deal after browsing through the 'how to earn ultimate points' info.

Earn 6 UltimatePoints™ per $1 of entry fee. For example, in a $10+1 tournament, you will earn 6 UltimatePoints™. In a $30+3 you will earn 18 UltimatePoints™.

10 Ultimate points = $1, so that's 60% back if you have pending bonus. Combine that with 30% RB and points for cash, it seems like a very good deal. RB is probably negated because of the bonus and points for cash, but it's still got to be close to 75% right? Essentially making the tourneys $10+.25 or so effectively. Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, you are missing nothing. for tourney players, ub is still a pretty good site to play. however, most of their tourneys have way fewer players in it than stars, which seems to be mtt'ers fav site. i did pretty well in ub's touneys, despite thier supposedly bad structure, so i might still give some tourney action next time they have a reload.