Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Can this ever be a bad swing? 107k hands...

[ QUOTE ]
After 100k+ hands of -2ptbb/100 poker it should be fairly obvious that it's in no way a downswing. Games are tougher these days.

Sure, your stats are pretty, who cares though? They only paint a small part of the picture. The fact that you are a losing player but you are playing fairly ideally preflop shows that you, that in all likelihood (as in, pretty much guaranteed), you have glaring leaks and you're passing up major edges post-flop. What those are, I don't know because I've never played with you. My guess is that you're way too nitty and super easy to read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.Seriously,I couldn't have put it better myself. I hate Strategy in BBV but this is some good stuff
Old 03-30-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my experience players with PFR over 15% are big losers in $100 6 max

[/ QUOTE ]
don't take this the wrong way, but the people opening a lot of hands preflop (certainly more then 15%) that ALSO have real post-flop skill are the ones making the real $ and are playing a lot higher then $.50/$1.00. It should be fairly easy for any competent tagg to rip apart some clueless idiot who thinks he is a lagg b/c he heard on a forum that's the way to go.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:16 PM

I am talking average here - I thought I made it clear that 25/20 is great way to play if you have good post-flop skills, but if you don't you will just donate more faster.

The OP most important stat is his PTBB/100. This shows he isn't in the 'good post-flop skills' department - so my point stands.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:47 PM

There´s just no way >100k hands is a downswing...
Old 03-30-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Unless their VPIP is >30

[/ QUOTE ]

pf really is alot less important then post flop. vague statements like this arent true
Old 03-30-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Unless their VPIP is >30

[/ QUOTE ]

pf really is alot less important then post flop. vague statements like this arent true

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just commenting that most players who have a PFR>15 aren't big losers like someone said, now if they have a high VPIP then its likely they are (assuming 4 or more at the table on average).

The comment about post-flop play is a valid one.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
now if they have a high VPIP then its likely they are

[/ QUOTE ]

that may be the case, but it's not because they have a high vpip, it's because in general players who play this many hands have bad post flop skills.

That's my point really. I hear alot of this stuff on 2+2 about how certain stats mean that you're going to win more or whatever, and I think it's rubbish.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am talking average here - I thought I made it clear that 25/20 is great way to play if you have good post-flop skills, but if you don't you will just donate more faster.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think we are on the same page here, part of my point though was that you aren't going to find a whole lot of good 25/20 type players at NL100, because players of that description are usually playing higher, and winning. I remember a while back I used to play like 13/6 at NL100 FR and nowadays I play right around that 25/20 zone at NL1k 6max, sometimes higher. I usually try to play a bit tighter in tough games and I like loosening up when there are some soft spots, esp in position.

[ QUOTE ]
The OP most important stat is his PTBB/100. This shows he isn't in the 'good post-flop skills' department - so my point stands.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think I ever disputed this.. he either has to tighten up a bit (and probably practice good game/seat selection), or work on his post-flop play. This seems fairly obvious.

SORRY ABOUT THE STRATEGY IN BBV
Old 03-30-2007, 05:40 PM

I have great table/game selection... I put a lot of effort into that. I always know how many winning players I have in my tables, how many losing players, and how many pay stations, I always seek for the very best games only.

Maybe I suck at post flop play... But my play has definitely gotten better over the course of these 110k hands... So the 63k hands sample is just a swing in your opinion?

*also, when I play in any other site or account, I seem to win, win win... I know it's just variation, I'm an extreme skeptic. But still, it gives me more of a sense that the big loss over 110k hands could also be a swing. I'm not saying I should be winning 10bb/100, but maybe 2? How unlikely is it, really?
Old 03-30-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have great table/game selection... I put a lot of effort into that. I always know how many winning players I have in my tables, how many losing players, and how many pay stations, I always seek for the very best games only.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like the "If you cant spot the sucker, its you" phrase didnt take into account that suckers are able to look out for company.