Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 11:27 AM

Default 30/60 Stud8 vs. Fossilman

Havent played much Stud8 with Greg (Seat 1), thoughts?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.75 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___raises
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls

6th Street - (8.75 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ??????
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: 30/60 Stud8 vs. Fossilman

ps can we start a petition for bigger Stud8 games on Stars? Even just 50/100 would be a vast improvement...
Old 03-25-2007, 02:10 PM

I usually play this on 3rd but my good-playing friends say I'm too loose there and on paper I think this is a fold.

Anyway I haven't played this game with him but I fold here and make a note if he had less than trips.

-DeathDonkey
Old 03-25-2007, 02:36 PM

first: don't be in any hurry to mix it up with HIM.

but... i think you're line is really weak here, i would complete third, jam fifth, and check/call 6th and 7th, no matter what. how are you possibly behind both ways on fifth? you've got him crushed! milk it, and expect at least half the pot. i may even be inclined to raise 6th to force out what looks like a weak draw to a hi hand. you still have scoop potential on sixth!

deathdonkey sez: [ QUOTE ]
I usually play this on 3rd but my good-playing friends say I'm too loose there and on paper I think this is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT!? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]this is a PREMIUM hand. i'd play it NO MATTER WHAT, and try to get four bets in on third if i can (seroiusly, even if i KNEW raymer had rolled 222, I'd STILL wanna jam it!). A44 with a live suit?! seriously... this is like one of the top 20 or so possible starting hands in stud/8. I go to WAR with it, EVERY time. geez. you rock, you.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:12 PM

I see no reason to raise 6th. If seat 1 has a low we really don't want to knock out another player going low (if he has a draw to beat us for high he's not going out anyway). If seat 1 has a high we really don't want to raise as we'll just be putting money in when behind. Also regardless we'd be reraised by seat 1 who is freerolling us at best. So this seems like a very easy calldown, probably folding if the river gets aggressive.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:32 PM

yeah raising 6th is probably break-even or worse.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:34 PM

You've got a decision to make on 5th st. - whether or not he has trip 3's. Apparently you decided that he didn't by calling the raise, so call down with aces up and unless he backdoors something better you split the pot. If you were wrong, and you don't fill up, you made a costly mistake. ...such is poker.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WHAT!? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]this is a PREMIUM hand. i'd play it NO MATTER WHAT, and try to get four bets in on third if i can (seroiusly, even if i KNEW raymer had rolled 222, I'd STILL wanna jam it!). A44 with a live suit?! seriously... this is like one of the top 20 or so possible starting hands in stud/8. I go to WAR with it, EVERY time. geez. you rock, you.

[/ QUOTE ] You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Nevermind, since it's impossible for you to be serious, you're obviously kidding. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ps can we start a petition for bigger Stud8 games on Stars? Even just 50/100 would be a vast improvement...

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen any 30/60 stud/8 on Stars recently. Was this from the HORSE games a few months ago? The HORSE game has disapeared, and right now the biggest stud/8 game playing is 4c/8c.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:46 PM

Are you looking on the right tab? I see 2 30/60 games going right now.