Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Old 08-27-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Coping with ADD

This is a very eye-opening thread. I've considered the fact that I may have ADD for a while now. When I'm playing for longer than an hour often time I end up surfing the web, watching TV, etc. When I read I always drift off and manage to get to the bottom of a page and not know what the hell I just read because I was just thinking about something else. I just have a hard time finding out how to break it to my folks. I'm 19 and attend a good school. I've always just managed to deal with it, but I've always wondered wether or not I could do better with some medication.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone start sucking MORE?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suck on stimulants. I don't know why yet.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A: A chronic disturbance in which at least fifteen of the following are present:
1) A sense of underachievement, of not meeting one's goals (regardless of how much one has actually accomplished).

2) Difficulty getting organized.

3) Chornic procrastination or trouble getting started.

4) Many projects going simultaneously; trouble with follow-through.

5) Tendency to say what come to mind without necessarily considering the timing or appropriateness of the remark.

6) A frequent search for high stimulation.

7) An intolerence of boredom.

8) Easy distractibility, trouble focusing attention, tendency to tune out or drift away in the middle of a page or a conversation, often coupled with an ability to hyperfocus at times.

9) Often creative, intuitive, highly intelligent. (not a symptom)

10) Trouble in going through established channels, following "proper" procedure.

11) Impatient; low tolerance for frustration.

12) Impulsive, either verbally or in action, as in impulsive spending of money, changing plans, enacting new schemese or career plans, and the like.

13) Tendency to worry needlessly, enlessly; tendency to scan the horizon looking for something to worry about, alternating with in-attention to or dissregard for actual dangers.

14) Sense of insecurity.

15) Mood swings, mood lability, especially when diengaged from a person or a project. Quick mood swings. These mood swings are not as pronounced as those associated with manic-depressive illness or depression.

16) Restlessness.

17) Tendency toward addictive behavior.

18) Chronic problems with self-esteem.

19) Inaccurate self-observation.

20) Family history of ADD or manic-depressive illness or depression or substance abuse or other disorders of umpulse control or mood.

B. Childhood history of ADD.

C. Situation not explained by other medical or psychiatric condition. [lol - "what is it"... "idk... ADD?"]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect score, baby.
What do I win?

When I was a kid in the 70's, they didn't call it ADD.
They just said I was Hyperactive and recommended I play more contact sports (not kidding).
Old 08-29-2007, 02:39 PM

So is caffeine a bad thing or a good thing?
I've always considered it a bad thing that I had trouble functioning without.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So is caffeine a bad thing or a good thing?
I've always considered it a bad thing that I had trouble functioning without.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like caffeine because it makes my brain "fuzzy".

I like using a DMAE, L-Tyrosine, phosphatidylcholine stack.

DMAE has shown to be effective in treating ADHD and Autism, but the FDA encourages doctors not to prescribe it, I'd guess its due to the fact that their is no patent, and no FDA fatcats to get rich from you buying it. (Same with Ephedra, Stevia, L-Tryptophan, etc) Better to keep the kids autistic or on ryddlin, than to give them a cheap treatment.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:59 AM

I have ADD, I also love poker. Before I got treatment for ADD my results were all over the place. I could go long streaks playing flawless poker and then my emotions would slip and I'd play awful for an extended period of time. I don't think ADD helps anyone play to be honest. You are to apt to make careless mistakes, esp if you have lost the value of money.

Now that I take adderal, I'm literally an unstopable force playing and I can play for just about 24 hours in a day.

To be honest though, going on adderall was the best thing that ever happened to me. The changes it has made in my life are insane. From my level of organization, to my temper, to the fact that is has gotten me unhooked from my addiction to caffine. If you have ADD adderall is an amazing thing. I'm forever greatful for my friend Kent convincing me I had it. For the longest time I didn't believe ADD existed.