Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

Does FC = 100%
Old 11-14-2007, 07:34 PM

Yeah. It means 'Full Combo'. The game will say you got 100% even if you play some notes that aren't there. When you FC a song you hit all the notes and don't play any extra notes.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brag: I only have one song to 5-star left on Expert.
Beat: It's Raining Blood.
Variance: Through the Fire and the Flames

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I'm like 7K short of 5*.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For alt strumming - do you guys grab the strummer between your thumb and index finger and just move down and up fast?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically. A light grip works best, and move the bar just enough back and forth to hear the 'click' each way. Find a song that has some parts where the same note or chord is repeated a bunch in a row and slow it way down in practice mode until you master alternating up and down strums in time with the notes. Then gradually speed it up. It will feel weird at first, but once you get it down, it will make songs like One a lot easier.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:45 PM

some of the songs in this game seriously put me on tilt. It's like these new people have no F'ing clue how to chart a song. It's completely annoying. F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. has virtually no HOPOs even though theyre clearly necessary. Tha song In The Belly Of A Shark not only sounds like hell, but is a complete trash note chart. Before I Forget is another poorly charted song. The ending of Knights of Cydonia is painfully crappy to play. My Curse, Number of The Beast (which is inexcusable considering it's in the last tier of songs) are both not fun at all to play,just mindless strum mashing.

Most people are probably going to differ from me for whatever reason, but I think that Cliffs of Dover is seriously awful to play on expert. The song is awesome and I couldnt wait to play it, but when I did I was just like wtf is this trash? What is with all the strum, HO, strum, HO,strum, HO crap? Theyve decided to repeatedly place single strum notes in the middle of a series of HO or POs which aggravates the hell out of me. SP phrases are so F'ING LONG too, at least 1.5x as long as in GH2.

Seriously, why do they think making songs like FCP and My Curse where you just strum every note like an idiot is a good idea? There's no way anyone thinks it's fun. Pride and Joy is pretty good but some of the parts are just annoying to play.

I'm just ranting but this [censored] is seriously pissing me off. If not for online play and battle I would give this game probably a 7 at best, it's not even close to being as well made as the previous games.

[censored] STRUM MASHING SONGS!!!!

/diatribe
Old 11-14-2007, 09:06 PM

I agree with you on everything except Cliffs of Dover. It is annoying at first, but it is awesome once you get the hang of it. Also, while we are bitching about songs with no HOPOs don't forget Black Sunshine. Hmm there is another song or 2 like that though that also piss me off like that. Black Sunshine, My Curse, and FCPremix would all be so much more fun to play if they were HOPOs
Old 11-14-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Theyve decided to repeatedly place single strum notes in the middle of a series of HO or POs which aggravates the hell out of me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even in Medium, they do weird things. Knights of Cydonia has a certain riff that is 2 measures. The first measure, the red note is played via PO. The second measure it's not. So the exact same phrase is played with the exact same notes. But they are played differently. Not to mention the fact that the chart has absolutely nothing to do with the song.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Theyve decided to repeatedly place single strum notes in the middle of a series of HO or POs which aggravates the hell out of me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even in Medium, they do weird things. Knights of Cydonia has a certain riff that is 2 measures. The first measure, the red note is played via PO. The second measure it's not. So the exact same phrase is played with the exact same notes. But they are played differently. Not to mention the fact that the chart has absolutely nothing to do with the song.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed what you're talking about, I have no clue where they pulled that out of their ass with the extra red note. So dumb. I love muse but they're terrible GH songs, I dunno how they could have made the chart for KOC any better but to be honest what's a better muse song to put in GH? They might sound great but they're fairly repetive, no real guitar solos, etc.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
some of the songs in this game seriously put me on tilt. It's like these new people have no F'ing clue how to chart a song. It's completely annoying. F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. has virtually no HOPOs even though theyre clearly necessary. Tha song In The Belly Of A Shark not only sounds like hell, but is a complete trash note chart. Before I Forget is another poorly charted song. The ending of Knights of Cydonia is painfully crappy to play. My Curse, Number of The Beast (which is inexcusable considering it's in the last tier of songs) are both not fun at all to play,just mindless strum mashing.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is something really weird about FCPREMIX, I just can't get the rhythm down even though it doesn't look like it should be that hard. Maybe that's it, lack of HOPOs. It's the only song I haven't passed on Hard, besides TTFAF.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:55 PM

I can't do the speed strumming like on the intro to Holiday in Cambodia on expert

any suggestions for getting strum speed up(I really wish I just stuck with lefty back on GH2)