Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 11-12-2007, 12:33 AM

Default funny freeroll happening.

i've been playing on canbet. on the micro-gaming network (name???)

anyhow today, i moneyed (monied??) in the omaha free-roll (approx. 500 entrants, top 125 pay) without playing one hand . and i wasn't even in the lungest prize grouping. i was in the second lowest....

i would have thought this impossible, but unlike one table tourney i guess most players don't realize you are folding every hand (basically i got busy b4 tourney, thought it would be temporary but it wasn't)...

and just out of interest, this was probably my second free-roll in a month. so it's not like i played hundreds and this happened once.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: funny freeroll happening.

with all due respect, how can you have 2400 posts in a poker forum and still be playing freerolls?
Old 11-12-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with all due respect, how can you have 2400 posts in a poker forum and still be playing freerolls?

[/ QUOTE ]

it was omaha, which i've never played before and no other omaha choice there...... and i did say it was 2nd freeroll in the last month.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:00 AM

This can happen in games where your opponents are loose. This is common in Omaha, since people with only Hold'em experience are very bad at evaluating hands. They overvalue hands like QQ95, overpairs, flush draws, open-ended straight draws, and made hands on paired boards. It's common to see hands that would be big in Hold'em collide.

There used to be some low stakes SNGs, and there might still be some, where you could fold into the money a large enough percentage of the time to average a profit.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:06 AM

pzhon.. thanks for the response!!

good explanation on omaha... i find it so confusing. but don't have time/inclination to learn the game right now.

on SNG's, did you mean literally folding into $$$? you sure used to be able to do nothing for longest time and have a really good chance of cashing. seems like that's got a little tougher... and as per literally folding into the money, opponents can "see" you aren't playing any hand. although i did cash once when i was disconnected and mega-shortstacked. but i guess most disconnected people come back fairly quickly. i didn't come back. but shocked i cashed.