Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

Will you be able to see what the auditors are doing? That is, not look at the same things they are (you have said this is off limits) but ask about the scope of the audit and try and get some idea of how thorough and independent the audit is?

Edit: Wow this thread exploded whilst I was typing that - you addressed that in a reply you made above in the mean time. Good luck there, hope it goes well.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let's get focused on questions for AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Find out as much as possible about the financial background, all those holdings and stuff and how Scott Tom and his fratboys actually own AP
2)upon safe return ship that all that info to the FBI so they can arrest those scumbags once they enter the USA again
3)problem solved???

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, there's a lot more initial negativity here than I thought there would be. I thought people would know that I will not compromise my report because of a fee.

I want to get a feeling for what people really think because I am open to the idea of calling it off if people aren't going to believe the report that I write. I don't care about the money, it isn't nearly enough for me to want or need it.

I did say let's end discussion about it, but I'm simply not going to go down there and commit a ton of time and energy for free. I'd be happy to bring Adanthar along (and chop up the fee) or even let him go for the full amount. I don't care.

Let's hear your thoughts...

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think the money is really the issue, or whether or not people trust you. It's fair to assume that everyone should trust you.

I think the real issue is whether Absolute is going to let you truly see "everything", or whether they're going to pull a "Red Cross visit to Soviet prison" on you. Every person who works there is going to be feeding you whatever lines they've been trained to say.

this development has exciting implications
Old 10-23-2007, 03:51 PM

So this is AP's grand plan to get back in the good graces of the poker community? I know Nat's a stand up guy, but isn't it a conflict of interest to have the guilty party paying for a report they obviously hope comes off in a positive manner.

see if you can find the seif open fold HH, and find out what happened to the popcorn money

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, there's a lot more initial negativity here than I thought there would be. I thought people would know that I will not compromise my report because of a fee.

I want to get a feeling for what people really think because I am open to the idea of calling it off if people aren't going to believe the report that I write. I don't care about the money, it isn't nearly enough for me to want or need it.

I did say let's end discussion about it, but I'm simply not going to go down there and commit a ton of time and energy for free. I'd be happy to bring Adanthar along (and chop up the fee) or even let him go for the full amount. I don't care.

Let's hear your thoughts...

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think the money is really the issue, or whether or not people trust you. It's fair to assume that everyone should trust you.

I think the real issue is whether Absolute is going to let you truly see "everything", or whether they're going to pull a "Red Cross visit to Soviet prison" on you. Every person who works there is going to be feeding you whatever lines they've been trained to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

The good news here is that our boy is smart.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:52 PM

Nat,

I would like to know how segregated AP and UB are and how segregated they will be in the future:

Is AP's management/systems/security still separate from UB's?

What assurances can they give us that this hasn't happened/won't happen at UB also?

Did the people that were withdrawing money and using the accounts also have accounts at UB? Were they reviewed thoroughly? What was the result?

You get the idea - basically I think it would be good to get assurances that UB is and was safe.

Thanks and GL down there.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will you be able to see what the auditors are doing? That is, not look at the same things they are (you have said this is off limits) but ask about the scope of the audit and try and get some idea of how thorough and independent the audit is?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would get the see the scope of the audit and I would probably get to interact with any of them who are down there now.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea if money isn't an issue either

a) donate it all to charity
b) give it to people who lost to the cheaters

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the guy is supposed to expend all kind of time and resources for our benefit without being compensated.

Alot of ingrates up in this mf.