Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: BvB vs. Heisenb3rg

[ QUOTE ]
Call and check call. What else is there?

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Dont fold vs Heis.

EDIT: dont bet turn. Let him barrel away. If you wanna donk, do it on the river

Old 10-19-2007, 07:59 PM

I gotta agree with DD and Oink. I don't think Heis is going to take a free card in a BvB, so your hand has more value catching him barreling with a weaker pair or UI Ax. I probably just c/c turn and river. Although when I'm tilting I probably take your line and donk and call down.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:56 AM

Turn bet is fine if your range for that turn bet is greater than Kx. If not then just check and call.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-20-2007, 11:18 AM

i like it sethy. his range is wide on the flop, and includes more draws than made hands. betting the turn prevents him from taking one off, and may induce a bluff raise. of course, call when he raises. sd this puppy.

btw, if heis has been really aggro, i agree with him, i'd go ahead and 3 bet. he has more drawing hands than made hands probably. you ought to want to extra the ev maximum if he's willing to play this aggressively wth his draws.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:29 PM

Did you consider not capping preflop? Not that I think it matters much, but OOP vs someone who can play and knows who you are, a little deception might go a long way.

Second question: who was to your right that made Heis think it was a good idea to sit to your left?

He always sits to my left too but I don't think he knows who I am.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you consider not capping preflop? Not that I think it matters much, but OOP vs someone who can play and knows who you are, a little deception might go a long way.

Second question: who was to your right that made Heis think it was a good idea to sit to your left?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know how people put so much emphasis on seat selection...

My table selection process:

1) Look for good games
2) If game is good, put my name on waiting list
3) Take seat thats avaialable.

I dont choose seats.
I choose tables.

As to the hand:
Death donkey is on the money.

If his turn donking range does not include a hand that cannot beat a pair of 9's, dont donk. check/call.

Once raised, he can probabily fold simply because I know he doesnt fold often and I know his range is so strong given the PF action + board. Therefore my range is very strong when I raise this turn.

However, if he starts using that logic I WILL pick up on it, and start bluffing him more. I will be playing thousands of hands against sehty in the future, and each hand serves as advertising for future hands.

AK is too strong to routinely fold there so its a clear call, check/call.

He can 1/12 times fold it and id assume he had like 77 or something.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you sit to my left, or to sethypooh's left, you know what your going to get. Bad player comes in, sethy isoraises, and you are left to choose between folding or 3betting light.

Now, I know you're not stranger to 3betting light, but against people who know what they're doing it's not the most profitable thing to do.

My results took a very big turn for the better once I started selecting seats well. IMO almost every table has potential for profit, but some seats are very very good while others are just plain old-fashioned hard work.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered, but decided to cap this time. I mix it up in this spot, though I've been leaning towards capping fairly wide in this spot since I feel I've been getting 3b light by people who know me/have played with me a bunch.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The implied part of my river line was click "sit out next blind". I agree with Heis that Table>seat, but IIRC this table wasn't good enough to stay with Heis on my left.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunpeal?
Old 10-20-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you sit to my left, or to sethypooh's left, you know what your going to get. Bad player comes in, sethy isoraises, and you are left to choose between folding or 3betting light.

Now, I know you're not stranger to 3betting light, but against people who know what they're doing it's not the most profitable thing to do.

My results took a very big turn for the better once I started selecting seats well. IMO almost every table has potential for profit, but some seats are very very good while others are just plain old-fashioned hard work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever one of you guys have position on me I get 3-bet with things like T9s (happened yesterday actually.)