Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: I know most religious people don\'t really believe. And I can prove

ok lets see...athiest whos gonna disagree...i think its unfair to say that the fear of death and belief in afterlife are contradictory for many reasons...the most obvious being that afterlife isnt going anywhere if it does exist so why not enjoy ur time as an immortal and enjoy the ppl and world around u that u love rather then skipping str8 forward to the eternal bliss...perhaps the imperfection of our lives is a way of making us appreciate the afterlife...ppl are scared to get stung by fking bees so obv death is going to be a fear of anyone regardless of their faith...except for extreme cases and usually those ppl are just nutzo or brainwashed or miserable etc...death is painful and sad and the thought of leaving behind the ppl we love is disheartening for both their sake and our sake....

AND WHAT ABOUT MY CHURCH GOIN BITTCHES WHO LOVE THE BAD BOYS(like me...yah i ride a harley hoes u wanna ride) they dont wanna just fast track to heaven ad never see their bad ass who pwns them again
Old 08-20-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: I know most religious people don\'t really believe. And I can prove it.

[ QUOTE ]
It's new if you trust what they say, that they see absolutely no chance that their beliefs aren't true. Excuse me for being so credulous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tell myself and others that there is no way I would ever cheat on my wife. Deep down inside I know there is small chance I could end up being wrong about that statement. What we speak isn't always what we actually think.

[ QUOTE ]
No, you can't. You don't see people panicking about freezing to death next morning. Well, at least not a relevant percentage of people. Either theists or atheists.

[/ QUOTE ]

As time progresses and the closer it gets to the sun going supernova the more you will see people panic. Same with faith. The closer people get to death, the more they will panic about a)Not passing the final judgement or b) there not being a judgement at all - just an end to existence.

Stu