Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 07-05-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: My 1st Full Ring Hand Post

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
um...first post in cash, where did you post the rest?

as played, fold the flop...why are you cold calling a 2 bets with OESD?

ah, you must come from limit tournament! lol.

seriously, you don't have odds. as is, call the min raise again and proceed to suck out on the sets.

oh yeah, you could be drawing dead anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

All prior posts were in MTTC. Schedule is forcing a break from MTT's for a bit so I'm squeezing in some cash sessions as time allows.

My goal was to play UTG heads up which is why I cold called his $18 with position. When the bb came over the top it changed everything in my mind and I folded rather easily.

Would you guys not want to play this for $18 heads up against a very likely overpair from UTG? Aren't there good implied odds here (again assuming all others fold and it's heads up)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how you can put UTG precisely on an overpair or how you can assume it will be heads up when two other players have shown interest in the pot and one player hasn't acted yet. I also think there are zero implied odds if your card comes and you are heads up against an overpair. A better reason to call if you knew UTG had an overpair and you would be heads up IMO would be because you can steal this pot pretty easy with a lot of turn cards.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

seriously, you don't have odds. as is, call the min raise again and proceed to suck out on the sets.

[/ QUOTE ]

All prior posts were in MTTC. Schedule is forcing a break from MTT's for a bit so I'm squeezing in some cash sessions as time allows.

My goal was to play UTG heads up which is why I cold called his $18 with position. When the bb came over the top it changed everything in my mind and I folded rather easily.

Would you guys not want to play this for $18 heads up against a very likely overpair from UTG? Aren't there good implied odds here (again assuming all others fold and it's heads up)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think it is likely that he has an overpair?

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to my "read" in the OP his action screams overpair to me. He has only $2 invested and action from both blinds on a blind lovers board. Do you disagree? If so what would you think he's raising to $18 here with?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it wrong. (Man, I am doing this a lot lately).

I had it in my head that you meant QQ+. A lot of overpairs are part of his range, but as was said elsewhere there are players behind you and I wouldn't expect you to be HU.

However, I would say that it you are getting good enough odds to call here when you consider you might get a caller behind you. If that happens the bets should be pretty large on the turn regardless. You aren't getting huge implied odds with boards like this.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think it is likely that he has an overpair?

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to my "read" in the OP his action screams overpair to me. He has only $2 invested and action from both blinds on a blind lovers board. Do you disagree? If so what would you think he's raising to $18 here with?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i have no idea what you are talking about.

this is a very scary board. flopped straights, sets, 2p's, etc. you said villain is a strong reg, he has 2$ invested, do you really think it is that hard for him to fold his QQ+? why isn't it much more likely that he has hit a set? how about everybody else? the initial bettor in the hand could have anything, 2p, flopped straight, etc?

and if your goal was to play UTG heads up, didn't you have to raise somewhere along the hand?

BB has a set, or the wheel at the least. UTG probably has a set and is hoping to boat up.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:26 PM

Unless I have stats or a strong read that the button SB and BB are callingstations (not going to raise) I'm folding to the $18 bet. As played having to call the $14 is an easy peel, but I see a line like this more often:

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 players)
SB bets $4, BB calls $4, UTG raises to $18, Hero calls $18, Button folds, SB folds, BB raises all-in to $119.90, UTG folds, Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or if the button shoves over and pushes everyone else out? You have a nice draw in a multiway pot, which is nice, but your relative position leaves you stuck between aggressive players going at this pot, and there are just too many ways for it to go wrong.

$0.02
Old 07-05-2007, 01:28 PM

dont call the raise.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:38 PM

Looks like I misread the liklihood of playing this pot heads up with utg after calling the $18.

And.... based on replies it seems like after I called the $18 most here would pay to peel the turn which I chose to fold. Thanks for the replies, seems I played this hand all wrong.

Assuming we paid to see the turn card...... It was the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] The bb moves all in and utg folds. We would be obligated to call at this point correct?