Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 05-31-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Bill O\'Reilly: Looking Out For You!

By "looking out for you", I mean "...only if you're a white, Christian, male".

From John McCain's blog:

http://www.johnmccain.com/Blog/Read....5-6671166392bc

"Bill O'Reilly: But do you understand what the New York Times wants, and the far-left want? They want to break down the white, Christian, male power structure, which you're a part, and so am I, and they want to bring in millions of foreign nationals to basically break down the structure that we have. In that regard, Pat Buchanan is right. So I say you've got to cap with a number.

John McCain: In America today we've got a very strong economy and low unemployment, so we need addition farm workers, including by the way agriculture, but there may come a time where we have an economic downturn, and we don't need so many.

O'Reilly: But in this bill, you guys have got to cap it. Because estimation is 12 million, there may be 20 [million]. You don't know, I don't know. We've got to cap it.

McCain: We do, we do. I agree with you."

But remember, guys, the next time you hear some right-wing pundit scream and pout that the left unfairly interjects race into the immigration debate: this has nothing to do with race.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Bill O\'Reilly: Looking Out For You!

If you don't like racism involved in the debate, you should start with the Mexican-American groups like La Raza, and especially Mecha. La Raza means "race" and the official slogan of Mecha is: "For the Race, everything. For those outside the race, nothing." Hard to imagine a more blatantly racist slogan to have. I could imagine the KKK having the same slogan.

Mecha, an organination that has included prominent California politicians like Antonio Villaraigosa and Cruz Bustamante, has this gem as part of their Constitution. Referring to what they call "Aztlan" (we call it the Southwest US):

"Aztlan belongs to those who plant the seeds, water the fields, and gather the crops and not to the foreign Europeans. We do not recognize capricious frontiers on the bronze continent.... We declare the independence of our mestizo nation...Nationalism as the key to organization transcends all religious, political, class, and economic factions or boundaries. Nationalism is the common denominator that all members of La Raza agree upon."

Miguel Perez of the Cal State Northridge chapter of Mecha said, "The ultimate ideology is the liberation of Aztlan.... Non-Chicanos would have to be expelled.... opposition groups would have to be quashed because you have to keep the power."

So Non-Chicanos would have to be expelled and opposition groups would have to be quashed. There is racism involved in this debate, and plenty comes from these types of groups.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't like racism involved in the debate, you should start with the Mexican-American groups like La Raza, and especially Mecha. La Raza means "race" and the official slogan of Mecha is: "For the Race, everything. For those outside the race, nothing." Hard to imagine a more blatantly racist slogan to have. I could imagine the KKK having the same slogan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems as if La Raza is pretty open that they're interest in 'colonizing' America is apparently race related.

Why are so many anti-immigrant forces on the right so unwilling to admit they oppose liberal immigration policies because they feel it threatens white hegemony? It's only careless punditry boobs like O'Reilly who unwittingly seem to concede it in moments of passion. Most of the time, we're subjected to various claims about how immigrants are "bad for the economy" or "are a drain on government services" or how they "commit alot of crime". It gives me the feeling these are but nothing but hollow talking points and subtle code-words, designed to mask the real intent of supporting things like border fences and mass deportations -- that real intent being something along the lines of "dark skinned people threaten me".
Old 05-31-2007, 03:49 PM

It is reminiscent of when you hear people decry the fact that pretty soon whites won't even be a majority in this country: GASP. Of course, they will also tell you that minorities aren't treated any differently than anyone else leaving me to ponder: why is it a big deal if whites become a minority.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is reminiscent of when you hear people decry the fact that pretty soon whites won't even be a majority in this country: GASP. Of course, they will also tell you that minorities aren't treated any differently than anyone else leaving me to ponder: why is it a big deal if whites become a minority.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon now guys, the politicians aren't making these points about this bill. They're stating that the illegal immigration problem(s) will be solved. I'm fairly certain that many don't believe there's that big of a problem. If it's desirable to stem the flow of illegals, this bill won't do it. If you disagree and believe that it will stem the flow of illegals I'd love to hear why you guys believe so. If stemming the flow of illegals isn't necessary or even desirable that's another issue. I'm fairly certain that many Congressman are simply giving lip service to their desire to "secure the borders" and "stem the flow of illegals" that the proposed immigration bill suppposedly will do. It's politically expediant to support the bill and say that it does those things. Instead, as an alternative, why don't these members of Congress that believe the ideas of "securing the borders" and "stemming the flow of illegals" are warped ideas argue their position and actually enlighten the public. I don't believe for a minute Ted Kennedy, as one example, believes that "securing the borders" and/or "stemming the flow of illegals" is important. My gripe is basically that this "issue" is something that Congress is not being forthcoming about (neither is Bush and I point to his comments the other day which I highlighted) and to me that is outrageous.

And also if one believes that this bill will significantly expand the welfare state (I think there's a good chance it will but I could be convinced otherwise), then that isn't racist at all.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:37 AM

Democrats see illegal immigration as way to build a much larger voting block of government dependent poor folk.

Republicans are paralyzed by their allegiance to business who wants the cheap labor and by the label of "racism" whenever anyone actually tries to do anything of substance.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:57 AM

Those groups are even smaller than the current KKK and the KKK nowadays is nothing but 30-50 drunk guys who blame people with dark skin for their crap lives. They are a nothing group, just like La Raza is a nothing group. Just a couple of loonies who no one really listens too. I still dont get why you would bring any of those groups up. I am yet to meet a La Raza member and I go to Mexico all the damn time.

Jack White = EricOF = Felix = A few trolls that have been banned. Thats my theory.